Technology & Engineering Education
NEWS AND UPDATES
IT IS COMPUTER SCIENCE WEEK DECEMBER 7-13th!
Check out these Computer Science opportunities:
- PLTW- Computer Science: Throughout the school year across Missouri, students participate in computer science showcases where students present computer science prototypes to science, technology, engineering and mathematics professionals. The PLTW computer science curriculum covers critical STEM content and allows students to apply what they have learned in the classroom to solve real world problems.
- TSA - Provides 17 Computer Science-related high school and middle school competitions. TSA CS middle and high school competitions are aligned with the International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE) standards; the high school CS competitions also are aligned with the AP Computer Science Standards. TSA Computer Science competitions are designed to be integrated into an existing Computer Science curriculum and can be implemented in an in-school or virtual environment.
How can you, your family, school, school district, or community participate in the upcoming computer science activities? Look no further than the links below:
- CSEdWeek Kickoff – On December 7, 2020 at 1pm ET, join thousands of computer science enthusiasts for the Computer Science Week Kick-off through YouTube and Facebook livestream. Tune into the livestreams on YouTube or Facebook!
- PLTW – Cybersecurity: Connecting Students to Opportunity Webinar – On December 8, 2020 PLTW is hosting a Webinar where they will discuss the need for all students to have access to computer science education and career opportunities by going beyond coding and programming to applications of computational thinking and related skills sets that are crucial for empowering all students in the future workforce. Dec 8th, 4-5:30 ET. Register here
- Hour of Code - is a one-hour introduction to computer science and computer programming. Register your #HourOfCode and take a look at more than 100 new activities at hourofcode.com! This is a wonderful opportunity for your students to get a head start on computer science. Students will use block coding to create characters. It is also a fun event for the whole family.
- National Family Code Nights – families can participate in this event to help encourage curiosity and confidence in their children while connecting these-at home activities to real world concepts. https://www.csiselementary.org/s/.
Are you curious enough to explore additional CSEdWeek activities and information then visit https://www.csedweek.org/.
Click here to see Cisco's Computer Science Pathways
2020-2021 Important Dates
July 1, 2020: Technology and Engineering 50/50 Application & FV-4 Submission Deadline
May 15, 2020: TEG Application Submission Deadline for 2020-2021
September 17, 2020: KC STEM Alliance - The Kansas City Cybersecurity-Technology Mentoring and Career Symposium
September 22, 2020: ITEEA - Lessons for Integrating Biology and Engineering Technology
September 25, 2020: KC STEM Alliance - How Do I Become a Computer Scientist
October 9-11, 2020: ITEEA - EbD Virtual Authorized TEC Institute (ATI)
October 23, 2020: KC STEM Alliance - How do I Become an Engineer?
November 1, 2020: Missouri STEM Signing Day Applications Open
November 8, 2020: National STEM Day
November 30 - December 4, 2020: ACTE Virtual VISION 2020 Conference
December 7-13, 2020: Computer Science Education Week
December 15, 2020: TEG FV-2 Submission Deadline
February 2021: Career and Technical Education Month
February 1, 2021: Technology and Engineering 50/50 FV-2 Submission Deadline
February 10, 2021: Career and Technical Education Legislative Day
February 21-27, 2021: Engineers Week
February 27 - March 7, 2021: TEAMS 2021 Competition: Engineering Solutions in a Pandemic
March 1, 2021: Missouri STEM Signing Applications Close
March 5-9, 2021: Missouri STEM Week
April 6, 2021: Girls in STEM Registration Opens
May 10-11, 2021: Annual TEAM State Contest and Awards Program
May 15, 2021: Girls in STEM Registration Closes
July 16, 2021: Girls in STEM 2021