Federal Programs Listserv
This email group is open to anyone wanting to subscribe (principals, teachers, parents, etc.) It will allow subscribers to receive information, announcements and important dates relating to the ESEA/NCLB Federal Programs quickly.
Messages are from DESE only and may only be posted by DESE Federal Program Listserv manager. Subscribers may not post messages.
- Committee of Practitioners
Committee of Practitioners
The Committee of Practitioners is comprised of representatives from local educational agencies, administrators, teachers, principals, parents, school board members, representatives of private school children, paraprofessionals and charter school leaders. This Committee is required by law to advise the Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education on federal program issues associated with the Elementary and Secondary Education Act of 1964 (ESEA) as amended by the Every Student Succeeds Act of 2015 (ESSA).
February 25, 2019 Meeting
June 15, 2017 Meeting
- Dr. Chris Neale - Alternative Poverty Metric for Achievement and Accountability
- Pat Kaiser - Title I Reallocation
- Jocelyn Strand - Every Student Succeeds Act Draft Plan
January 6, 2017 Meeting
November 22, 2016 Meeting
ESSA Workshop Questions
- ESEA Tiered Monitoring
ESEA Tiered Monitoring
- Federal Legislation And Guidance
- Elementary and Secondary Education Act of 1965 (SEP 20)
- Administrative Manual February, 2022 - Program Guidance
- Early Learning in the Every Student Succeeds Act (OCT16)
- Title I, Part A: Schoolwide (SEPT16)
- Title II, Part A (SEPT16)
- Title III (SEPT16)
- Title IV, Part A: Student Support and Academic Enrichment Program (OCT16)
- Title V, Part B: Informational Document on the Rural Education Achievement Program (REAP) (JUN03)
- Fiscal Changes and Equitable Services (NOV16)
- Foster Care (JUN16)
- Homeless (AUG18)
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Missouri's ESSA Consolidated State Plan
2022 Federal Programs Conference Sessions
- The HOW-TO Guide for Providing Title Services to Your Students in Nonpublic Schools
- Commissioner's Remarks
- ESEA Finance 101
- ESEA Finance Monitoring
- ESEA Program Tiered Monitoring
- Federal Programs 101
- Get a Piece of the PIE
- McKinney Vento Act
- MSIP 6
- Practically Perfect Plans
- Riveting Revisions
- Guidance for Adjusting Allocations (MAY03)
- Guidance on the Transferability Authority (JUN04)
- Unsafe School Choice Option, Non-Regulatory Guidance (MAY04)
- Educational Practices Supported by Evidence (USDE), (DEC03)
- Prayer Letter (FEB03)
- Constitutionally Protected Prayer Guidance (FEB03)
- Title I Services to Eligible Private School Children, Non-Regulatory Guidance (OCT19)
- Title IX, Part E: Uniform Provisions Subpart I - Private Schools (MAR09)
- Title I Uses of Funds (SEPT09)
- Report Cards, Title I, Part A, Non-Regulatory Guidance (SEPT03)
- Identifying Eligible Title I Schools & Attendance Areas (AUG03)
- USED – Title I.A Within-District Allocation Guidance (02/22)
Title I, Part A: Parent Involvement
Title I, Part A: School Improvement
Title I, Part A: Schoolwide
- ESEA Title I Schoolwide Guidance (JUL15)
- Schoolwide Programs (MAR06)
- Federal Programs Conference
2022 Federal Programs Conference
- Forms And Applications
- Title I.A Neglected School Children
- Title I.D LEA Delinquent School Children
- Nonpublic Consultation Forms
Class Size Reduction
- Compliance Plans and Guidance
- ESEA Application Processing Tips
- Student Selection-Multiple Criteria
- Title I BOA - How to Determine Salary Differential as a Set-Aside
Forms and Samples
- Parent And Family Engagement
Federal Programs Required Notifications
- Parent Notification
- Complaint Procedure Notification
- Complaint Procedure Nonpublic Notification
- Parents Right-to-Know Sample Notification
Building-Level Parental Involvement Requirements
Parental Involvement Resources
- Related Links
- Title I. A Parental Involvement Non-Regulatory Guidance (Insert updated link for ESSA)
Title I Schoolwide programs provide schools with the opportunity to upgrade the entire school program by allowing more flexibility to serve students.
- Administrative Manual July, 2018 - Program Guidance (Pg 33)
- Title I Schoolwide Commitment Letter
- Title I Schoolwide - ESSA
- Title I Schoolwide Guidance
- Schoolwide Program Plan
- Targeted Assistance Schoolwide Comparison
- Schoolwide Pool User Guide (Link directly to document when updated on Finance page)
- Title I Preschool
- Non Regulatory Guidance
- Missouri Early Learning Program Guidance
- Early Learning Blended Funding Guidance
CURRICULUM AND ASSESSMENT
EARLY LEARNING FACILITY LEASES
- Rule for Early Learning Facility Leases (DEC15)
- OA Annual Lease Rates effective for July 1, 2019 through June 30, 2020
- Federal Programs Automated Budget Instructions
Instructions for Completing Automated Application for Federal Funds
Browser Standard for DESE’s Online Applications
School district personnel must register to receive a user id and a password in order to access various online application/reporting programs. Anyone may access online application through "Public Applications" without a user ID or password. Public Applications are for viewing only.
For forgotten or unknown user ids/passwords, send your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to Security Administrator, 573-526-4125. Please provide your name, school district name, and county-district code with your request.
For additional help you may contact your Federal Programs Supervisor.
- Go to the DESE Application Sign-In (DAS), formerly known as Web Applications.
- When logging in, make sure to use all lower case letters.
- Type in your USER ID that has been assigned to you.
- Type in your password (up to 10 characters that a district representative has selected).
- Use mouse to click on the "LOGIN" Button.
- The "DESE Web Applications" Page is displayed.
From the Applications Menu, click on "ePeGS".
- Select "Funding Application".
- Select "Quality Schools".
- Select the "ESEA Consolidated".
- Federal Programs Staff Directory
Supervisors by Region
Region and DESE Contact Area ServedStacy Hamlett, DirectorVacant, Administrative AssistantMain Phone: 573-751-3468
Jefferson, St. Charles, St. Louis County, St. Louis City, MO School For The Blind, MO School For The Severely Disabled
Cass, Clay, Jackson, Platte
Barry, Barton, Cedar, Christian, Dade, Dallas, Douglas, Greene, Jasper, Laclede, Lawrence, McDonald, Newton, Ozark, Polk, Stone, Taney, Vernon, Webster, Wright, Department Of Corrections, Division Of Youth Services
Audrain, Boone, Callaway, Camden, Cole, Cooper, Gasconade, Howard, Lincoln, Miller, Moniteau, Montgomery, Morgan, Osage, Warren, MO School For The Deaf
Bollinger, Butler, Cape Girardeau, Carter, Dunklin, Madison, Mississippi, New Madrid, Pemiscot, Perry, Ripley, St. Francois, Ste. Genevieve, Scott, Stoddard, Wayne
Bates, Benton, Carroll, Henry, Hickory, Johnson, Lafayette, Pettis, Ray, St. Clair, Saline
Crawford, Dent, Franklin, Howell, Iron, Maries, Oregon, Phelps, Pulaski, Reynolds, Shannon, Texas, Washington
Andrew. Atchison, Buchanan, Caldwell, Clinton, Daviess, DeKalb, Gentry, Grundy, Harrison, Holt, Livingston, Mercer, Nodaway, Worth
Adair, Chariton, Clark, Knox, Lewis, Linn, Macon, Marion, Monroe, Pike, Putnam, Ralls, Randolph, Schuyler, Scotland, Shelby, Sullivan