The Missouri Assessment Program assesses students’ progress toward mastery of the Show-Me Standards which are the educational standards in Missouri. The Grade-Level Assessment is a yearly standards-based test that measures specific skills defined for each grade by the state of Missouri.
Who takes the Grade-Level Assessment?
All students in grades 3-8 in Missouri will take the grade level assessment. English Language Arts and Mathematics are administered in all grades. Science is administered in grades 5 and 8. A few groups of students may be exempt from certain portions or all of the assessment. Those include:
- Students whose IEP teams have determined that the MAP-A is the appropriate assessment do not have to take the Grade-Level assessment.
- English Language Learners (ELL) who have been in the United States 12 cumulative months or fewer at the time of administration may be exempted from taking the English Language Arts portion. All other content areas must be assessed.
- Foreign exchange students are allowed, but are not required to take the assessment. This is a district decision.
- Homeschooled students may take part in the assessment at the local district's discretion.
- Private school students are not required to take the Grade-Level assessment.
Assessment Development Recruitment
As a part of the assessment development cycle, DESE Assessment invites Missouri educators to participate in the process to help provide expertise. Missouri is always looking for educators to participate in these meetings. If you wish to be considered for participation for any future development meetings, please complete the online submission form at https://dese.mo.gov/form/assessment-meetings-interest. Once finished, you will receive an email to the personal email address provided to confirm your submission.
- DRC Document Library
- ELA Writing Prompt Scoring Guide - Argumentative (Grades 6-8)
- ELA Writing Prompt Scoring Guide - Informational Explanatory (Grades 3-8)
- ELA Writing Prompt Scoring Guide - Narrative (Grades 3-8)
- ELA Writing Prompt Scoring Guide - Opinion (Grades 3-5)
- Guidelines For Use Of A Scribe
- LEA Guide To The Missouri Assessment Program
- Parent/Guardian Sample Letter
- Self-Monitoring Quality Assurance Form
- Timing Guidelines
- Tools And Accommodations
- Tools And Accommodations Sample Tracking Form
- 2021-2022 Guide To Interpreting Results
- 2020-2021 Guide To Interpreting Results
- 2018-2019 Guide To Interpreting Results
- 2017-2018 Guide To Interpreting Results
- 2016-2017 Guide To Interpreting Results
- 2015-2016 Guide To Interpreting Results
Performance Level Descriptors
ELA Math Science
The District Test Coordinator is responsible for training all School Test Coordinators, Test Examiners and other responsible district and/or school staff on MAP Grade-Level Assessment processes and procedures. Prior to test administration, test examiners must familiarize themselves with the testing manual(s) and participate in any district created training.
The information in the following Power Point can be used as part of district created training. This Power Point is not a substitution for district created training or for reading the manuals above. District trainings should also include local procedures such as cell phone policy, test schedule, who to contact in the district with questions, etc.
The MAP Grade-Level assessments have a number of resources available for LEAs to use to prepare for state testing.
Online Tools Training (OTTs)
OTTs give users the ability to use the tools available in the INSIGHT testing platform on a variety of item types. Using the OTTs will allow users to become comfortable with using the built in system tools prior to the summative assessment. The OTTs are accessible at any time with no limits on usage. NOTE: The OTTs are only accessible via Google Chrome.
Available on the Portal under My Applications>General Information>Test Tutorials
Test Tutorials allow users to watch recorded videos that demonstrate the features of INSIGHT and the tools that will be used for the operational assessments. Test Tutorials are available for all subjects and are divided by content into two categories:
- General testing topics include tutorials on topics such as testing basics, using the help feature and finishing the test.
- Advanced Tools show grade and include tutorials on topics such as highlighting, using a ruler, graphing and more.
Available in the INSIGHT platform or downloadable from the Practice Forms tab on this page.
The practice form mirrors the operational assessment and gives users the ability to see the types of items that will be on the assessment and, if taking the practice test online, become comfortable with answering items within the INSIGHT testing platform.
Grade-Level Assessments Training Modules
DRC has created a series of Portal training modules for DTCs/STCs to use in conjunction with the manuals. Districts may choose to use these modules as part of their local district training.
These training modules can be found in the Portal at https://www.drcedirect.com/all/eca-portal-ui/welcome/MO.
Once in the Portal, click My Applications>General Information>Documents and choose the appropriate Administration from the drop-down. Then choose the Portal Training from the Document Type drop down. Trainings include:
- Accountability Form
- Add/Edit Students
- Add/Edit Users
- Additional Materials
- General Info
- Handling Physical Materials
- Initial Login
- System Updates
- Test Monitoring Training
- Test Sessions
- Training Materials
The following information reflects district cost for the MAP Grade-Level statewide assessments. Cost is per student, not per assessment.
Grade Cost 3 $1.80 4 $1.80 5 $1.80 6 $1.80 7 $1.80 8 $1.80
- Practice Forms
Practice Forms can be accessed via eDIRECT to mimic the summative assessment. See the Test Coordinators Manual for more information.
Paper and Large Print practice forms can be downloaded from eDIRECT as well.
Braille practice forms can be ordered from DRC directly. See the TCM for more information.
Content Paper and Pencil/Large Print 3 ELA 3 Math 4 ELA 4 Math 5 ELA 5 Math 5 Science 6 ELA 6 Math 7 ELA 7 Math 8 ELA 8 Math 8 Science
- Contact Information
Contact Phone DESE Assessment 573-751-3545 email@example.com
Data Recognition Corp. (DRC)
800-544-9868 firstname.lastname@example.org Accountability Data 573-526-4886 email@example.com Missouri School Improvement Plan (MSIP) 573-751-4426 firstname.lastname@example.org
|DUE October 03, 2022||MAP Grade-Level Practice Test Opens|
|January 19, 2023 to February 01, 2023||MAP Grade-Level Spring 2023 - First Pre-Code DUE - Students In System 2/20/23|
|January 03, 2023 to January 27, 2023||MAP Grade-Level Spring 2023 - Large Print/Braille Ordering Window|
|DUE January 03, 2023||MAP Grade-Level Spring 2023 - DRC Portal Opens|
|February 24, 2023 to March 09, 2023||MAP Grade-Level Spring 2023 - Final Pre-Code DUE - Students In System 3/20/23|
|February 07, 2023 to February 23, 2023||MAP Grade-Level Spring 2023 - Second Pre-Code DUE - Students In System 3/6/23|
|March 20, 2023 to May 19, 2023||MAP Grade-Level Spring 2023 - Additional Materials Ordering Window|
|DUE March 20, 2023||MAP Grade-Level Spring 2023 - Large Print/Braille Materials Arrive In District|
|April 10, 2023 to June 16, 2023||MAP Grade-Level Spring 2023 - Printed ISR/Student Report Labels Ordering Window|
|April 03, 2023 to May 26, 2023||MAP Grade-Level Spring 2023 - Testing Window|
|DUE May 30, 2023||MAP Grade-Level Spring 2023 - Deadline To Schedule Pickup Of Printed Test Materials|