Powerful Learning Conference
4 National Speakers; Dr. Bill Daggett , Dr. Robert Marzano, Dr. John Hodge and Dr. Peter DeWitt
1 Common Goal: Improved student learning for every student in every school
For over 20 years, the Powerful Learning Conference is focused on supporting educators in implementing effective, evidence-based practices in Missouri’s public schools with the goal of improved student learning for every student in every school.
What to expect
2020 Powerful Learning Conference theme is Building Strong Systems that develop, maintain and enhance effective instruction aligned to
- Leadership – strong leaders set the vision influence direction at every level of the organization to create and support a culture of teaching and learning for continuous improvement.
- Collaborative Climate and Culture – Shared values and common goals are the foundation of a collaborative climate and culture of systemic growth and improvement within an educational system.
- Effective Teaching and Learning – Effective academic, behavioral and social skill practices, supported by research and meeting the needs of each student, lead to the highest levels of student learning.
- Data-Based Decision Making – Accurate, relevant measures across multiple points in time provide the basis for informing on progress, setting goals and guiding decisions leading to improved student learning.
- Alignment of Standards, Curriculum and Assessment – Connection, clarity and coherence must exist between standards, curriculum and assessments in order to provide accurate and actionable information regarding student learning
How to register
- Registration opens October 2019 Registration fee remains $200 (before December 10, 2019) early registration and $250 regular registration.
- Post-Conference registration fee $50 with Dr. Peter DeWitt.
- Lodging is open - Make your hotel reservations at Tan-Tar-A using their online reservation service (Code: POWE) or by calling 573-348-3131.
- To ensure the availability of rooms and to guarantee the group rate of $97.85 per night for a single or a double room, reservations must be made by January 1, 2020 at Tan-Tar-A Conference Center.
Apply to present
The strength of the Powerful Learning Conference is the sharing of effective practices and the journey to student success by passionate practitioners. Proposals for the 2020 Powerful Learning Conference are now open. The deadline for submission is September 13, 2019 by 5:00 p.m. All proposals will be scored using the Presentation Scoring Guide based on the Continuous Improvement System. Please use the Call for Proposal worksheet to prepare your submission.
Proposals will be evaluated using the following criteria:
- Quality of proposal (clarity, appropriateness of content, creativity or innovation of activity)
- Relevance to purpose of conference (powerful learning)
- Impact (likely to be effective in improving student learning)
- Replication (practical, can be adapted/adopted)