1 Common Mission: Promote, support, and develop educator and student performance.
For over 20 years, the Powerful Learning Conference focuses on supporting educators in implementing effective, evidence-based practices in Missouri's public schools with the goal of improved student learning for every student in every school.
What to expect
2023 Powerful Learning Conference theme is Moving Forward Together that develop, maintain, and enhance effective instruction aligned to
- Leadership – strong leaders set the vision influence direction at every level of the organization to create and support a culture of teaching and learning for continuous improvement.
- Collaborative Climate and Culture – Shared values and common goals are the foundation of a collaborative climate and culture of systemic growth and improvement within an educational system.
- Effective Teaching and Learning – Effective academic, behavioral, and social skill practices, supported by research and meeting the needs of each student, lead to the highest levels of student learning.
- Data-Based Decision Making – Accurate, relevant measures across multiple points in time provide the basis for informing on progress, setting goals, and guiding decisions leading to improved student learning.
- Alignment of Standards, Curriculum, and Assessment – Connection, clarity and coherence must exist between standards, curriculum and assessments in order to provide accurate and actionable information regarding student learning.
- Missouri Practitioners - The strength of the conference are the high quality presentations by educators sharing the journey of successful practices.
- 2023 Call for Proposals - Submit a proposal by September 23, 2022. You are invited to submit a proposal for a 75-minute presentation at the 2023 Powerful Learning Conference. Proposals will be evaluated using the following criteria:
- Quality of proposal (clarity, appropriateness of content, creativity or innovation of activity)
- Relevance to purpose of conference (powerful learning)
- Impact (likely to be effective in improving student learning)
- Replication (practical, can be adapted/adopted)
- Scoring Guide - Please use the following worksheet and review the scoring guidelines to prepare your submission: 2023 CFP Worksheet and Scoring Guide.
- Timeline - The deadline for submission is September 23, 2022, by 5:00 p.m. (CST). You will be notified on or by October 28, 2022, if your proposal has been selected.
How to Register
Registration - Registration opens mid-October 2022.
Lodging - Reservations open August 2022. The 2023 Powerful Learning Conference will be held January 30-31, 2023, at Tan-Tar-A Conference Center in Osage Beach, Missouri.