Powerful Learning Conference
4 National Speakers; Dr. Bill Daggett , Dr. Robert Marzano, Dr. John Hodge and Dr. Peter DeWitt
1 Common Goal: Improved student learning for every student in every school
For over 20 years, the Powerful Learning Conference is focused on supporting educators in implementing effective, evidence-based practices in Missouri’s public schools with the goal of improved student learning for every student in every school.
What to expect
2020 Powerful Learning Conference theme is Building Strong Systems that develop, maintain and enhance effective instruction aligned to
- Leadership – strong leaders set the vision influence direction at every level of the organization to create and support a culture of teaching and learning for continuous improvement.
- Collaborative Climate and Culture – Shared values and common goals are the foundation of a collaborative climate and culture of systemic growth and improvement within an educational system.
- Effective Teaching and Learning – Effective academic, behavioral and social skill practices, supported by research and meeting the needs of each student, lead to the highest levels of student learning.
- Data-Based Decision Making – Accurate, relevant measures across multiple points in time provide the basis for informing on progress, setting goals and guiding decisions leading to improved student learning.
- Alignment of Standards, Curriculum and Assessment – Connection, clarity and coherence must exist between standards, curriculum and assessments in order to provide accurate and actionable information regarding student learning
Click here to download a copy of the 2020 Powerful Learning Conference program, which includes a detailed agenda and room locations.
All Conference Materials on Guidebook
We are going green this year. We will be using the Guidebook mobile app to access conference presentation materials and handouts, the program, schedules and surveys. The Guidebook App should be downloaded in advance of the conference from the Google Play Store or the App Store. Please search for the "2020 Missouri Powerful Learning Conference." Our planning team is actively uploading presentation materials and handouts to the "guide." We appreciate your support of a "greener" conference.
Full conference information, including materials shared by presenters, may be accessed via the Guidebook App (search 2020 Missouri Powerful Learning Conference), or here.
Join the Conversation
Would you like to stay connected at the conference through Twitter?
Conference hashtag: #MOPWR2020
Missouri DESE: @MOEducation
Bill Daggett: @RigorRelevance
John Hodge: @DrJhodge1906
Robert Marzano: @robertjmarzano
Peter DeWitt: @PeterWDeWitt
Hotel and Registration