Powerful Learning Conference
4 National Speakers; Dr. Bill Daggett , Dr. Robert Marzano, Dr. John Hodge and Dr. Peter DeWitt
1 Common Goal: Improved student learning for every student in every school
For over 20 years, the Powerful Learning Conference is focused on supporting educators in implementing effective, evidence-based practices in Missouri’s public schools with the goal of improved student learning for every student in every school.
What to expect
2020 Powerful Learning Conference theme is Building Strong Systems that develop, maintain and enhance effective instruction aligned to
- Leadership – strong leaders set the vision influence direction at every level of the organization to create and support a culture of teaching and learning for continuous improvement.
- Collaborative Climate and Culture – Shared values and common goals are the foundation of a collaborative climate and culture of systemic growth and improvement within an educational system.
- Effective Teaching and Learning – Effective academic, behavioral and social skill practices, supported by research and meeting the needs of each student, lead to the highest levels of student learning.
- Data-Based Decision Making – Accurate, relevant measures across multiple points in time provide the basis for informing on progress, setting goals and guiding decisions leading to improved student learning.
- Alignment of Standards, Curriculum and Assessment – Connection, clarity and coherence must exist between standards, curriculum and assessments in order to provide accurate and actionable information regarding student learning
How to register
- Registration is open. Click here to register.
- Click here to view 2020 Powerful Learning Conference brochure.
- Registration fee remains $200 (before December 10, 2019) early registration and $250 regular registration.
- Post-Conference registration fee $50 with Dr. Peter DeWitt.
How to Reserve Lodging
- Lodging is open - Make your hotel reservations at Tan-Tar-A using their online reservation service (Code: POWE) or by calling 800-826-8272 or 573-348-3131 and identify yourself as an attendee of the Powerful Learning Conference. Please enter the Group Code POWE and select your ARRIVAL and DEPARTURE dates and confirm the number of nights you will be staying and 'Search Availability.'
- Conference participants are responsible for making their own room reservations. A block of rooms at the discounted single or double rate of $97.85 per night has been reserved for the Powerful Learning Conference at the Tan-Tar-A Conference Center. A tax exempt letter must be provided to the hotel in order to receive this rate. Based on availability, this rate is available until January 1, 2020.