The following are Proposed Rules that the Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education has submitted to the Secretary of State for Publication in the Missouri Register. These rules will not go into effect until the public has had an opportunity to submit written comments, and to attend a public hearing if one is scheduled.
Any person may offer comments on a Proposed Rule. The instructions for submitting comments, and the location and date of a hearing if one is scheduled, are located after the text of each rule. Please note that the official text of a Proposed Rule is the version that appears in the Missouri Register, not the draft copy on this site. Refer to the official copy if you wish to submit comments.
We hope you find this site helpful and informative.
|Proposed Rule||Summary||Fiscal Note(s)||Supporting
|5 CSR 20-300.140||
Extraordinary Cost Fund. This rule provided administrative procedures to public school districts to seek reimbursement for extraordinary cost, if any, associated with serving students with disabilities, as defined by the 1997 Amendments to Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA). This rule set forth a plan for distributing funds to public school districts which educate students whose service costs exceed five times the district’s current expenditure per eligible pupil.
|No||No||MoReg 43 2013-2014||7/6/18|
|5 CSR 20-400.510||Certification Requirements for Teacher of Early Childhood Education - This amendment updates the Certification Requirements for Teacher of Early Childhood Education Birth - Grade 3.||No||No||Mo Reg 43 2014||7/6/18|
|5 CSR 20-400.520||
Certification Requirements for Teacher of Elementary Education - The amendment updates the Certification Requirements for Teacher of Elementary Education Grades 1-6.
|No||No||Mo Reg 43 2015-2016||7/6/18|
|5 CSR 20-400.560||Certification Requirements for Teacher of Special Education - The amendment is to update the Certification Requirements for Teachers of Special Education.||No||No||7/6/18|
Certification Requirements for Initial Student Services Certificate - This amendment updates the Initial Student Services Certificate for School Psychological Examiner (Kindergarten-Grade 12) and removes the issuance of an Initial Student Services Certificate for the area of Speech-Language Pathologist.
- State Board of Education Agenda/Minutes
- Incorporated by Reference Materials
- Missouri Register
- Code of State Regulations
- Missouri Revised Statutes
- Senate Bill 504
- Periodic Rule Review - a five (5)-year rolling review of existing rules that began July 1, 2015, as set forth in Section 536.175, RSMo. The report contains the results of the review which includes: whether the rule continues to be necessary; whether the rule is obsolete; whether the rule overlaps; duplicates or conflicts with other rules; whether a less restrictive or more narrowly tailored rule is appropriate; whether the rule needs amendment or rescission; whether incorporated by reference materials are proper; and whether rules affecting small business are still relevant. The report contains an appendix with the nature of the comments the Department has received on the rules and the agency responses to the comments.