The following are Proposed Rules that the Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education has submitted to the Secretary of State for Publication in the Missouri Register. These rules will not go into effect until the public has had an opportunity to submit written comments, and to attend a public hearing if one is scheduled.
Any person may offer comments on a Proposed Rule. The instructions for submitting comments, and the location and date of a hearing if one is scheduled, are located after the text of each rule. Please note that the official text of a Proposed Rule is the version that appears in the Missouri Register, not the draft copy on this site. Refer to the official copy if you wish to submit comments.
We hope you find this site helpful and informative.
|Proposed Rule||Summary||Fiscal Note(s)||Supporting
|5 CSR 20-100.210||This amendment aligns with the provisions of the Every Student Succeeds Act and removes the list of violent criminal offenses which are detailed within section 160.261, RSMo. In addition, the amendment deletes language that is no longer mandatory in the Every Student Succeeds Act.||No||No||No||7/10/17|
|5 CSR 20-300.150||This rule established that the State Schools for the Severely Handicapped, State Department of Elementary and Secondary Education, was
authorized to contract for educational services for children who could not be adequately served in the State Schools for Severely Handicapped. The rule set forth certain policies which would aid the development of administrative cooperation and program continuity.
Certification Requirements for Initial Student Services Certificate - This proposed amendment removes the issuance of an Initial Student Services Certificate for the area of Speech-Language Pathologist.
Order of Rulemaking
|5 CSR 30-261.025||
Minimum Requirements for School Bus Chassis and Body - This proposed amendment is a result of a change to the National School Transportation Specifications and Procedures and Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards, and a recommendation from the Missouri Minimum Standards for School Buses Committee. The amendment will enhance the safety of schoolchildren being transported in school buses.
Incorporated By Reference Material: 2017 Missouri Minimum Standards for School Buses
|No||Yes||12/15/16 41 MoReg 1909||Yes||10/31/16|
- State Board of Education Agenda/Minutes
- Incorporated by Reference Materials
- Missouri Register
- Code of State Regulations
- Missouri Revised Statutes
- Senate Bill 504
- Periodic Rule Review - a five (5)-year rolling review of existing rules that began July 1, 2015, as set forth in Section 536.175, RSMo. The report contains the results of the review which includes: whether the rule continues to be necessary; whether the rule is obsolete; whether the rule overlaps; duplicates or conflicts with other rules; whether a less restrictive or more narrowly tailored rule is appropriate; whether the rule needs amendment or rescission; whether incorporated by reference materials are proper; and whether rules affecting small business are still relevant. The report contains an appendix with the nature of the comments the Department has received on the rules and the agency responses to the comments.