Welcome to Educator Certification!
Our mailing address for all documentation and transcripts:
P.O. Box 480
Jefferson City, MO 65102
The Certification Account Portal allows you to:
- Apply for a certificate
- Print out your certificate
- View a certificate or pending application
- View assessment scores
- Check for the receipt of transcripts
- Check fingerprint/background status
- Log into with your User ID and password (Locked out? Get help here)
- Choose the Educator Certification System link (located on the User Applications page.)
- To establish a User ID and password, follow the directions of the Educator Certification Help Guide
- If you have a certification account, but have not accessed it for over 5 years, please follow steps #1 and #2 located in the Educator Certification Help Guide.
Learn more about:
Fingerprints/Background Checks for Educator Certification
For questions about your fingerprints and background checks visit the Missouri State Highway Patrol’s website or call their contracted vendor, Idemia, at 844-543-9712
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- How do I become a paraprofessional and do I need to be certified?
- How do I change my name or add a new degree?
- How do I complete a background check (fingerprinting)?
- How do I renew my professional teaching certificate?
- How do I renew my substitute certificate?
- Does DESE accept electronic transcripts?
- What assessments must I pass to add a new subject area to my valid professional teaching certificate?