- Abuse or Neglect
- Audit Confirmation Requests
- DESE Regulations
- How to Become a Sheltered Workshop
- Jobs Performed by a Sheltered Workshop
- MO Association of Sheltered Workshop Managers
- MO Revised Statutes—Section 178.900
- Vocational Rehabilitation
Sheltered Workshops (SW) provide a controlled, safe and highly supervised work environment and a program designed toward enabling individuals with disabilities to progress toward normal living and to develop, as far as possible, his or her capacity, performance and relationship with other persons.
Sheltered Workshops, so far as possible, provide work experiences sufficiently diverse to accommodate the needs of each enrolled individual with a disability.
Sheltered workshops also coordinate and integrate its services with all community agencies for the benefit of its employees, and whenever practicable, make use of the services available from these agencies.