Visiting Scholar Certificate
A Visiting Scholar Certificate is available to individuals who hold an academic degree or have related occupational experience in a secondary content area. To qualify, an individual must be employed by a Missouri public school district as part of a business-education partnership initiative designed to build career pathways systems for students. The one-year certificate is limited to grades 9-12 and may be renewed twice if required professional development and performance evaluations are completed.
*Please Note: This is not a route to certification in Missouri.
TO LOG INTO YOUR ONLINE EDUCATOR PROFILE
To access your certification account (online profile) you must first log into the DESE Application Sign-in with a username and password, and then choose the Educator Certification System link located on the User Applications page. To establish a username and password, follow the directions of the Educator Certification Help Guide. Your certification account (online profile) provides access to each of the following:
- Apply for a certificate
- Print out a certificate
- View a certificate or pending application
- View assessment scores
- Check for the receipt of transcripts
- Check fingerprint/background status
Please Note: If you have not accessed your certification account in over 5 years, then your account access has been disabled. You will be required to re-register and create a username. Please follow these steps:
- Step 1 - Go to: https://apps.dese.mo.gov/
- Step 2 - Click on "Create Account"
- Step 3 - Enter the information requested and click "Create User"
- Step 4 - Once the username has been created, log in with the new username and password
- Please note that if the "Create User" button is grayed out, try using a different username.
- If you need additional assistance, please contact the Office of Data Systems Management or 573-522-3207.
If you have questions about getting your fingerprints for 2018-19 background checks, please contact the Missouri Highway Patrol’s contracted vendor, Idemia, at 844-543-9712. You may also visit the Highway Patrol website: