- 2022 Gold Star Schools
- Gold Star Schools List
- 2021 Blue Ribbon Schools
- 2021 Missouri National Blue Ribbon Schools Press Release
- About the Blue Ribbon Schools Program
- Missouri National Blue Ribbon Schools - Alphabetical by District
- Missouri National Blue Ribbon Schools - Alphabetical by School
- Missouri's 2022 Nomination Criteria for National Blue Ribbon Schools
- U.S. Dept. of Ed. Blue Ribbon Schools Recognition Program
Missouri Gold Star Schools Program and National Blue Ribbon Schools Program
These state and national programs recognize high-achieving and improving schools. At the state level, the Gold Star Schools Program is the recognition program administered by the Department of Elementary and Secondary Education. The rigorous criteria of the Missouri Gold Star Schools program is aligned with the National Blue Ribbon Schools program sponsored by the U.S. Department of Education.
2022 Missouri Gold Star Schools
- Blair Oaks Elementary School, Blair Oaks R-II School District
- Chapel Lakes Elementary School, Blue Springs R-IV School District
- Dewey Elementary School, Chillicothe R-II School District
- Epic Elementary School, Liberty 53 School District
- Eugene Field Elementary School, Webb City R-VII School District
- Kirkwood Senior High School, Kirkwood R-VII School District
- Matthews Elementary School, New Madrid Co. R-I School District
- Nixa High School, Nixa Public Schools
2021 National Blue Ribbon and Missouri Gold Star Schools
- Bloomfield Middle School, Bloomfield R-XIV School District
- Delta Woods Middle School, Blue Springs R-IV School District
- Wydown Middle School, Clayton School District
- Francis Howell Middle School, Francis Howell R-III School District
- Skyline Middle School, Hickory Co. R-I School District
- North Kirkwood Middle School, Kirkwood R-VII School District
- Mansfield Junior High School, Mansfield R-IV School District
- Wilson’s Creek 5-6 Intermediate Center, Springfield R-XII School District
2020 National Blue Ribbon and Missouri Gold Star Schools
- Clayton High School, Clayton School District
- Festus Elementary School, Festus R-VI School District
- Francis Howell High School, Francis Howell R-III School District
- Lincoln Elementary School, St. Charles R-VI School District
- Rose Acres Elementary School, Pattonville R-III School District
- Sunny Pointe Elementary School, Blue Springs R-IV School District
- West Elementary School, Ozark R-VI School District
Description of the Missouri Gold Star and the National Blue Ribbon Schools Programs
Missouri’s Gold Star Schools program was established by the Department of Elementary and Secondary Education in 1991. It is designed to identify schools that are performing at a high level academically or making exceptional progress.
The National Blue Ribbon Schools program and the Missouri Gold Star Schools program utilize the same criteria for nomination. In order to recommend a school to the Commissioner of Education as a Missouri Gold Star School, the school must meet the nomination criteria outlined by the U.S. Department of Education for the National Blue Ribbon Schools program, complete the National Blue Ribbon Schools application and the U.S. Department of Education must accept the schools National Blue Ribbon Schools application.
The National Blue Ribbon Schools Program recognizes schools whose students achieve at very high levels or schools that make significant progress in closing the achievement gap. The Blue Ribbon Schools Program sets a standard of excellence for all schools striving for the highest level of achievement.
Missouri may nominate up to eight (8) schools for the national Blue Ribbon Award. One-third of the schools (3) must be identified as disadvantaged schools. To be nominated, schools must have at least 100 students enrolled. In addition, nominated schools must have assessment data for at least 10 students in each tested grade for both English language arts (ELA) and mathematics.
The complete description of the methodology used to nominate Gold Star and Blue Ribbon Schools Program see the criteria.
Jocelyn Strand, Improvement and Accountability Administrator
Powerful Learning Conference
Blue Ribbon & Gold Star Schools