The Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (Department) is providing guidance related to funding for new Missouri Quality Prekindergarten (MOQPK) Grants appropriated in House Bill (HB) 20 for Fiscal Year 2024. These grants are available to Local Education Agencies (LEAs) and child care providers who are licensed or contracted with the DESE Child Care Subsidy program.
Businesses in Missouri consistently rank the lack of early care and education options as a barrier for recruiting and retaining employees. The MOQPK-LEA Grant program is designed to expand the funding for prekindergarten (Pre-K) instruction and increase access for low-income families. In addition, the Office of Childhood is offering start-up funding to LEAs as an extension to this funding opportunity through federal relief funds to support implementation of a new Pre-K program or new classrooms.
- Grant Information for LEAs
- Grant Information for Child Care
- Additional Resources
- Missouri Early Learning Standards
- Preschool Start-up Considerations
- Quality Assurance Report
- Preschool Program Guidance
- Approved Early Childhood Curriculum
- Missouri Financial Accounting Manual
- Pre-K Eligibility for State Aid
- FY2023 Basic Formula Payment Information