Missouri is embarking on a process to develop an early learning quality assurance report. The goal is to provide a continuous quality improvement process for early learning programs and to provide families with consumer education about the quality of early learning programs.
Early Learning Quality Assurance Report (Section 161.217, RSMo)
1. The department of elementary and secondary education, in collaboration with the Missouri Head Start State Collaboration Office and the departments of health and senior services, mental health, and social services, shall develop, as a three-year pilot program, a voluntary early learning quality assurance report. The early learning quality assurance report shall be developed based on evidence-based practices.
As directed, the aforementioned group has reviewed quality rating and improvement systems nationwide. Utilizing this information the group developed a draft framework for a quality assurance report pilot. Moving forward with this framework, input from families and early learning professionals from all aspects of the field was requested. Interested parties were able to submit their input via a survey. Results of the survey are listed below.
- General Information
- Quality Assurance Report Draft Framework
- Quality Assurance Report Draft Framework - With Levels
- Quality Assurance Report - Scoring Guidance Draft
- Survey Responses
- Additional Survey Comments
- The application has been temporarily removed from this site, if more spaces become available we will repost it at that time.
- Cohort Information
This webpage will be updated periodically as new information becomes available.
If you would like to provide additional information regarding the quality assurance pilot you may email the Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE) at Childhood@dese.mo.gov.