Nonpublic Schools that want to be added to participate in federal and state grant programs must meet the following definition.
A nonpublic school provides instruction in English language arts, mathematics, science and social studies to one or more grade levels that include at least one grade from kindergarten through twelfth grade. The school has a physical location and students are instructed onsite. The nonpublic school may also provide distanced instruction. The school must be a nonprofit but is neither a school district, a neglected/delinquent institution nor a charter school as defined by Missouri law.
- Additional information regarding Missouri State Regulations can be found on the US Department of Education website here.
Nonpublic schools that wish to apply for federal and state grant programs may request to be added to the Nonpublic Registration (NPR) system in DESE Web Applications.
- To request, Please fill out and submit the Nonpublic School ADD/Change Request form (updated 11/2020).
Questions? Email DESE Nonpublic School Management
Forms necessary once your nonpublic school is approved to be added to the NPR system:
Used to authorize access to each of the Web Application Systems such as the Nonpublic Registration form.
Notes about Level of Access: In the box to the left of the program, place a 1, 2, or 3 to indicate what level of access you wish to establish for the individual named. 1 = View Only, 2 = Data Entry, 3 = Authorized Representative. Do not put an "X" here, this indicates only one access level - View Only.
This form must be submitted to DESE for processing by faxing to 573-526-4125, or by emailing to email@example.com
This form is ONLY used for nonpublic schools to remove various types of Web Applications access for individual users.
This form must be submitted to DESE for processing by faxing to 573-526-4125, or by emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Assistance with DESE Secured Web Application Logon:
To have your account unlocked or to reset your password, please send your first and last name, user id (if known) and phone number to email@example.com. Staff will respond to your email between the hours of 7:30 - 4:00 p.m. M-F not including holidays.
Nonpublic Title I
- Title I ESSA: Providing Equitable Services to Eligible Private School Children, Teachers, and Families 10/19
- Title I Bypass Districts
- Letter Regarding Equitable Services Monitoring Findings 8-27-10
Nonpublic Title II
Nonpublic Registration Information
- Letter to Nonpublic School Principals and Administrators - October 2021
- Economic Deprivation Survey Form for SY 2021-2022
- Web Applications - Nonpublic Registration Form Login Screen
Nonpublic Webinar Information
- Nonpublic Letter - Webinar Notice 2021
- Upcoming 2021 Nonpublic Registration and Public School Verification Webinar (10/05/2021)
- PowerPoint for the Nonpublic Registration and Public School Verification Webinar (10/05/2021)
- The Nonpublic Registration and Public School Verification Webinar - October 2020
- PowerPoint for the Nonpublic Registration and Public School Verification Webinar - October 2020
- Federal Programs Conference 2019: Providing Equitable Services to Eligible Nonpublic School Children
- Nonpublic Information Reports - Select Login or View Public Applications - Nonpublic Registration Form - Reports
(NOTE: If using View Public Applications, you will need to select a Nonpublic School in
order to get the Reports option.)
Additional Nonpublic Resources
- Email DESE.NP Schools Management - Nonpublic School Questions
- Equitable Services for Eligible Private School Students, Teachers and Other Educational Personnel
- Nonpublic Low Income and Residential Verification
- Affirmation of Consultation with Nonpublic Officials for Titles I.A, I.C, II.A, III.A, and IV.A
- Public/Private Design for Educational Service
- Use of Neutral Space
- Complaint Procedure Nonpublic
- Office of Nonpublic Education
- U.S. Department of Education Nonpublic School Guidance
- Frequently Asked Questions