Skilled Technical Sciences Team
Director, Skilled Technical Sciences
Supervisor, Skilled Technical Sciences
Successful Students, Better World
To guide and support Missouri schools in preparing success-ready students.
Definition of Success-ready Student
A success-ready student has the knowledge, skills, behaviors, and experiences to achieve personal goals and contribute in all facets of life.
Skilled Technical Science Programs by Cluster 2021
Skilled Technical Science Program Descriptions 2020
- Skilled Technical Sciences New Programs
- Skilled Technical Sciences Teacher Certification
- Professional Development
- e-Learning for Educators (Missouri)
- Missouri Center for Career Education (MCCE)
- Mentoring/Protege Program
- My Learning Plan
Instructional Coach Information
Many professional development opportunities do not address the specific needs of CTE instructors. To solve the issue, the DESE has invested in an instructional coach that would provide free training across the state of Missouri. The project is paid for through the division of Skilled Technical Sciences.
New workshops as well as some of the popular workshops are available this coming school year. Every session is centered around the SkillsUSA Framework which outlines essential workplace skills. Since 2014, with the introduction of the Framework, SkillsUSA has concentrated their efforts on meeting the needs of employers and instructors by creating quality resources for students and instructors focused on personal, workplace and technical skills. To build the skills needed for a student to be successful in the world of work, SkillsUSA must become more than just "contest". Help your teachers use the updated and relevant SkillsUSA resources by scheduling a hands-on workshop this school year. The workshops listed can be modified to meet your scheduling needs.
Kelli Engelbrecht is your appointed instructional coach for the 2020-2021 school year. She has 32 years of CTE experience at Eldon Career Center including 16 years in the Drafting classroom as well as Placement Coordinator and Director. After retiring two years ago, she became nationally certified as a SkillsUSA Career Essentials trainer. Kelli is eager to get started and has engaging workshops planned for your staff. Call or email her soon to schedule a training date. The workshops are limited, so get your request in soon.
- Program Management
- Related Links
- National-level statistics for the ASE Entry-Level Certification tests
- NCCER-National Center for Construction Education and Research
- AGC- Associated General Contractors
- ACTE-Association for Career and Technical Education
- NATEF-National Automotive Technicians Education Foundation
- AYES-Automotive Youth Educational Systems
- I-CAR-Inter-Industry Conference on Auto Collision
- MCCE-Missouri Center for Career Education
- MoACTE-Missouri Association for Career and Technical Education
- Apprenticeship for Marketing and Outreach
- Cisco Networking Academy
- Skilled Technical Sciences Mentor/Protégé
Work Based Learning
Resources for Registered Youth Apprenticeships
Sample Tracking SheetsApprentice On-the-Job Learning (OJL) Record Apprentice Related Training Instruction (RTI) Record OJL Tracking Performance Profile Sheet OJL Training Completion Sign off Form
Lebanon Technology & Career Center
Student Apprenticeship Program
Winter-Dent & Company
Eldon Career Center