Technical Skills Attainment & Industry Recognized Credential
Request for Industry Recognized Credential (IRC) Status 2019
The window for submitting an application requesting consideration of a credential as an Industry Recognized Credential (IRC) is now open. Applications will be accepted until close of business on June 30, 2019. Applications must be submitted by a Missouri public school administrator via the protocol provided. No other application formats will be accepted or reviewed. Applications will be reviewed by a team of Career and Technical Education experts in early fall, and schools will be notified of new IRCs in October 2019.
Contact Janice Rehak, 573-526-4900, for more information.
Guidance for Selecting IRC's and TSAs
New IRC and TSA Guidance
The National Career Clusters® Framework provides an organizational structure for framing CTE programs through well-developed programs of study. There are 16 Career Clusters and 79 Career Pathways in the National Career Clusters® Framework. The Career Clusters include:
- Agriculture, Food & Natural Resources
- Architecture & Construction
- Arts, A/V Technology & Communications
- Business Management & Administration
- Education & Training
- Government & Public Administration
- Health Science
- Hospitality & Tourism
- Human Services
- Information Technology
- Law, Public Safety, Corrections & Security
- Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics
- Transportation, Distribution & Logistics
More information can be found on the National Career Clusters® Framework website.