- Supports for Remote Teaching and Learning
- Missouri Learning Standards
- MAP Grade-Level Assessment
- End-of-Course Assessment
- Previous ELA Content Meetings
- ELA Priority Standards
- Resources for ELA Priority Standards
- ELA Virtual Content Meeting Information – Use the Curriculum Calendar on the DESE Curriculum page to register
- 6-12 ELA Crosswalk
- K-5 ELA Crosswalk
Fall 2021 ELA Updates
1. Newly Added - High-Quality Professional Learning Opportunities
Sign up on the professional learning calendar on the DESE curriculum web page for free, virtual professional learning opportunities - https://dese.mo.gov/college-career-readiness/curriculum
- 2021-22 ELA Content Meetings –
These free, monthly professional learning workshops are aligned to the Missouri Learning Standards and the newly released priority standards. Educators will participate in content specific learning opportunities intended to boost student achievement. Missouri Reading Initiative and Missouri Writing Projects Network will once again lead our lessons in literacy.
- Assessment Office Hours -
The Curriculum and Assessment team will be hosting Assessment Office Hours every Thursday starting in September. This open meeting hour will help get your assessment questions answered. Check out the above professional learning calendar link for more information.
2. Final ELA Priority Standards
- With the help of many educators across MO, the final ELA priority standards are available on the priority standards webpage - https://dese.mo.gov/college-career-readiness/curriculum/academic-standa…
- Resources Available – Missouri educators created priority standard resources for MO teachers available on the priority standards webpage under the ‘ELA Supporting Materials’ logo. Click on the logo to find:
- K-12 ELA Vertical Alignment Priority Standards Document
- K-12 ELA Priority and Supporting Standards Bundling Documents by grade level
3. Want ELA news/updates?
Sign up for Edmodo ELA Friends for the latest updates by sending me an email request to join the communication group – Edmodo ELA Friends. You may also receive notifications through email by signing up for the Curriculum Listserv - https://lists.mo.gov/mailman/listinfo/curriclistserv
4. ELA MO LEAP Blocks Available NOW!
These grade 3-8 and English I/II Blocks cover content such as The Louisiana Purchase, Food Science, Forest Conservation, Information Literacy, The Dust Bowl, Industrial Revolution, Wheels, Post-High School Options, Physical Fitness, Young Entrepreneurs, just to name a few. The content contained in MO LEAP Blocks focus on problem solving and application of skills, not on memorization of facts. The Blocks are designed to be used flexibly by teachers (in whole or in parts) and woven into curricula as needed. Linked to the MLS and the PLDs, the blocks include scoring guides for open-ended items and stimulus sets with associated questions. Each content area will have a number of Blocks available and districts can choose which ones they wish to download and use. https://sites.google.com/view/moleap/home/english-language-arts
5. Work Opportunities for ELA
Many times throughout the year, DESE will ask educators to participate in item writing workshops and content/bias/sensitivity reviews. We choose educators from all nine regions, size of district as well as educator experience. If you have not participated in any of these work opportunities, send me an email to add your name to the work pool.
Good luck in your school year!
Director of English Language Arts
573-751-8468 / firstname.lastname@example.org