DESE supports you as you continue to focus on the health and well-being of your students; find innovative ways to continue teaching and learning; and provide as much normalcy as possible for students, faculty and staff. Refer to the DESE-related COVID-19 webpage for links to useful information. If you have questions about assessment, send them to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 573-751-3545.
The Missouri Assessment Program assesses students’ progress toward mastery of the Show-Me Standards which are the educational standards in Missouri. The Grade-Level Assessment is a yearly standards-based test that measures specific skills defined for each grade by the state of Missouri.
Who takes the Grade-Level Assessment?
All students in grades 3-8 in Missouri will take the grade level assessment. English Language Arts and Mathematics are administered in all grades. Science is administered in grades 5 and 8. A few groups of students may be exempt from certain portions or all of the assessment. Those include:
- Students whose IEP teams have determined that the MAP-A is the appropriate assessment do not have to take the Grade-Level assessment.
- English Language Learners (ELL) who have been in the United States 12 cumulative months or fewer at the time of administration may be exempted from taking the English Language Arts portion. All other content areas must be assessed.
- Foreign exchange students are allowed, but are not required to take the assessment. This is a district decision.
- Homeschooled students may take part in the assessment at the local district's discretion.
- Private school students are not required to take the Grade-Level assessment.
|DUE January 29, 2021||MAP Grade-Level First Pre-Code DUE - Students in system 2/22/21|
|DUE February 26, 2021||MAP Grade-Level Second Pre-Code DUE - Students in system 3/8/21|
|DUE March 12, 2021||MAP Grade-Level Third Pre-Code DUE - Students in system 3/22/21|
|April 5, 2021 to May 28, 2021||MAP Grade-Level Spring Testing Window|
- 2019-2020 LEA Guide To The Missouri Assessment Program
- 2019-2020 Grade-Level Assessment Blueprints
- 2019-2020 Timing Guidelines
- 2019-2020 Grade-Level Assessment Tools And Accommodations
- 2019-2020 Grade-Level Assessment Tools And Accommodations Sample Tracking Form
- 2019-2020 Self-Monitoring Quality Assurance Form
- 2019-2020 Grade-Level Assessment Parent/Guardian Sample Letter
- Guidelines For Use Of A Scribe
- ELA Writing Prompt - Argumentative (Grades 6-8)
- ELA Writing Prompt - Informational Explanatory (Grades 3-8)
- ELA Writing Prompt - Narrative (Grades 3-8)
- ELA Writing Prompt - Opinion (Grades 3-5)
- 2018-2019 Guide To Interpreting Results
- 2017-2018 Guide To Interpreting Results
- 2016-2017 Guide To Interpreting Results
- 2015-2016 Guide To Interpreting Results
- Technical Assistance Bulletin: State District-Wide Assessments Of School Achievement
- MAP Information For Parents
Performance Level Descriptors
- Grade-Level Assessment Test Coordinator's Manual
- Grade 3 Examiner's Manual
- Grade 4 Examiner's Manual
- Grade 5 Examiner's Manual
- Grade 6 Examiner's Manual
- Grade 7 Examiner's Manual
- Grade 8 Examiner's Manual
The District Test Coordinator is responsible for training all School Test Coordinators, Test Examiners and other responsible district and/or school staff on MAP Grade-Level Assessment processes and procedures. Prior to test administration, test examiners must familiarize themselves with the testing manual(s) and participate in any district created training.
The information in the following Power Point can be used as part of district created training. This Power Point is not a substitution for district created training or for reading the manuals above. District trainings should also include local procedures such as cell phone policy, test schedule, who to contact in the district with questions, etc.
The MAP Grade-Level assessments have a number of resources available for LEAs to use to prepare for state testing.
Online Tools Training (OTTs)
OTTs give users the ability to use the tools available in the INSIGHT testing platform on a variety of item types. Using the OTTs will allow users to become comfortable with using the built in system tools prior to the summative assessment. The OTTs are accessible at any time with no limits on usage. NOTE: The OTTs are only accessible via Google Chrome.
Test Tutorials allow users to watch recorded videos that demonstrate the features of INSIGHT and the tools that will be used for the operational assessments. Test Tutorials are available for all subjects and are divided by content into two categories:
The practice form mirrors the operational assessment and gives users the ability to see the types of items that will be on the assessment and, if taking the practice test online, become comfortable with answering items within the INSIGHT testing platform.
2019-2020 Grade-Level Assessments Training Modules
DRC has created a series of eDIRECT training modules for DTCs/STCs to use in conjunction with the manuals. Districts may choose to use these modules as part of their local district training.
These training modules can be found in eDirect - https://www.drcedirect.com/all/eca-portal-ui/welcome/MO
Once eDirect has loaded, click All Applications>General Information and choose the Spring 2020 Summative Grade-Level under the Administration drop-down. Then choose the appropriate Document Type and training. Trainings include but are not limited to:
- Add/Edit Users
- Add/Edit Students
- Test Sessions
- Physical Materials
- Materials Accountability Form
- System Update
The following information reflects district cost for statewide assessments for the 2019-2020 school year. The pricing for assessments used for accountability purposes reflect no total increase in cost to school districts.
Practice Forms can be accessed via eDIRECT to mimic the summative assessment. See the Test Coordinators Manual for more information.
Paper and Large Print practice forms can be downloded from eDIRECT as well.
Braille practice forms can be ordered from DRC directly. See the TCM for more information.
|Content||Paper and Pencil/Large Print|