The Missouri Assessment Program assesses students’ progress toward mastery of the Show-Me Standards which are the educational standards in Missouri. The Grade-Level Assessment is a yearly standards-based test that measures specific skills defined for each grade by the state of Missouri.
Who takes the Grade-Level Assessment?
All students in grades 3-8 in Missouri will take the grade level assessment. English Language Arts and Mathematics are administered in all grades. Science is administered in grades 5 and 8. A few groups of students may be exempt from certain portions or all of the assessment. Those include:
- Students whose IEP teams have determined that the MAP-A is the appropriate assessment do not have to take the Grade-Level assessment.
- English Language Learners (ELL) who have been in the United States 12 cumulative months or fewer at the time of administration may be exempted from taking the English Language Arts portion. All other content areas must be assessed.
- Foreign exchange students are allowed, but are not required to take the assessment. This is a district decision.
- Homeschooled students may take part in the assessment at the local district's discretion.
- Private school students are not required to take the Grade-Level assessment.
|April 1, 2019 to May 24, 2019||MAP Grade-Level Spring Testing Window|
|March 30, 2020 to May 22, 2020||MAP Grade-Level Spring 2020 Testing Window|
- 2017-2018 LEA Guide To The Missouri Assessment Program
- 2017-2018 Grade-Level Assessment Blueprints
- 2017-2018 Timing Guidelines
- 2017-2018 Grade-Level Assessment Tools And Accommodations
- 2017-2018 Self-Monitoring Quality Assurance Form
- 2017-2018 Grade-Level Assessment Parent/Guardian Sample Letter
- 2017-2018 Guide To Interpreting Results
- 2016-2017 Self-Monitoring Quality Assurance Form
- 2016-2017 Grade-Level Assessment Parent/Guardian Sample Letter
- 2016-2017 Guide To Interpreting Results
- 2015-2016 Guide To Interpreting Results
- Guidelines For Use Of A Scribe
- Assessment Standards For Missouri Public Schools (Coming Soon)
- Technical Assistance Bulletin: State & District-Wide Assessments Of School Achievement
- MAP Information For Parents
Performance Level Descriptors
English Language Arts Scoring Guides
- Grade-Level Assessment Test Coordinator's Manual
- Grade 3 Examiner's Manual
- Grade 4 Examiner's Manual
- Grade 5 Examiner's Manual
- Grade 6 Examiner's Manual
- Grade 7 Examiner's Manual
- Grade 8 Examiner's Manual
2017-2018 Grade-Level Assessments Trainings
The following documents are required trainings for the Grade-Level assessments. Each PowerPoint tackles a separate topic and can be reviewed at your own pace. These PowerPoint slides do not contain audio.
- 01 – Basic Overview
- 02 – Universal Tools and Accommodations
- 03 – Blueprints and Timing Guidelines
- 04 – A Step-by-Step Process
- 05 – Using eDIRECT
- 06 – Alternative Testing Formats
- 07 – Tutorials and OTT
- 08 – Test Tickets
- 09 – Test Day Materials
- 10 – Possible Testing Issues
- 11 – After Testing
- All Trainings
The following information reflects district cost for statewide assessments for the 2016-2017 school year. The pricing for assessments used for accountability purposes reflect no total increase in cost to school districts.
Practice Forms can also be accessed via eDirect.
Updated 3/5/18 - Electronic Braille editions available soon.
|Grade||English Language Arts||Mathematics||Science|