The Assessment section provides professional services related to the Missouri Assessment Program (MAP) and the National Assessment of Educational Progress (NAEP).
The Assessment Section manages test development, on-going test maintenance, and oversees the test administration for four statewide, large-scale assessments. The MAP assessments test students’ progress toward mastery of the Missouri Show-Me Standards.
The following list includes updates to assessment documents, communications from DESE Assessment to District Test Coordinators (DTC) and the release of Administrative Memos concerning the Missouri Assessment Program.
- 4/21/16 - MAP Grade-Level Guide To Interpreting Results v1 posted. v1 contains only Science. v2 with ELA and Math available in September 2016.
- 3/31/16 - ESSA Waiver for Assessment of Speaking and Listening. Federal law requires that each State’s assessment system measure the full range of the State’s academic content standards. Missouri is requesting a waiver of this requirement through the 2016 – 2017 school year for speaking in the MAP Grade-Level (grades 3 – 8) assessment, speaking and listening in the End-of-Course (high school) assessment, and speaking and listening in the MAP-Alternate assessment (grades 3 – 8 and 11). If granted, this waiver will advance student achievement by permitting Missouri to have a valid and reliable assessment system that measures the full range of the rest of the State’s academic content standards and will allow for continued State and local receipt of Title I, Part A funding in good standing. For more information, see the Administrative Memo CCR-16-003. To comment on this waiver request, please email [email protected] by Monday, April 18, 2016.
- 2/1/16 - The follow MAP Grade-Level Assessment items have been posted: Test Coordinators Manual, Test Examiners Manuals and Timing Guidelines.
- 2/1/16 - The 2015-2016 Self-Monitoring Quality Assurance Form for Grade-Level and End-of-Course Assessments has been posted.
- 1/29/16 - A letter went out to District Test Coordinators announcing a two week extension of the ACCESS for ELLs 2.0 State Testing Window.
- 1/13/16 - A revised version of the MAP Grade-Level Assessment Tools and Accommodations list has been posted. This revision adds some clarifying language around the use of calculators and the use of a Paper based assessment without an IEP.
- 1/11/16 - DRC has made the following updates for the MAP Grade-Level Assessment:
- eDirect is now open for District Test Coordinators (DTCs) to assign permissions to other staff.
- Online Tools Training (OTT) is now available. This can be accessed from eDirect or the INSIGHT testing platform.
- Online Testing Tutorial (Video Tutorials) are now available. These can be accessed from eDirect.
- The following documents and trainings are now available via eDirect: eDirect User Guide - User Administration, eDirect Training Modules for Enrollments and Testing Windows, DITC Training Presentation.
- The Enrollment window for ordering Large Print and Braille has opened.
- The window to identify Science testing windows has opened.
- The window for providing DRC with PO Numbers had opened.
- 10/21/15 - The MAP-A page has been revised to match other assessment pages and all links are the most current version.
- 10/21/15 - CDT resources have been posted on the MAP Grade-Level page.
- 10/8/15 - A letter was sent to DTCs about WIDA ACCESS 2.0. The letter addressed training and which students could take the test via paper/pencil
- 10/8/15 - The MAP Grade-Level Tools and Accommodations have been updated and posted.
- 10/5/15 - The EOC Test Administration Manual (TAM) and the EOC Pre-Test TAM are now available.
- 10/5/15 - The 2015-2016 EOC Trainings are now available.
- 10/5/15 - An update was sent to DTCs to inform them of the availability of Administrative Memo CCR-15-016 and the LEA Guide To The Missouri Assessment Program (v2).
- 10/2/15 - The LEA Guide To The Missouri Assessment Program (v2) is now available.
- 10/2/15 - The following documents have been updated and posted: 2015-2016 Grade-Level Assessment Blueprints and EOC Tools and Accommodations,
- 10/2/15 - Administrative Memo CCR-15-016 concerning ACT Administration and Non-Public Students was sent out.
- 9/30/15 - An update on DLM (Volume 3, Issue 2) was sent to DTCs.
- 9/28/15 - The start dates for the MAP-A Fall Window and Science Fall Field Test Window have changed. The Fall Window now starts 11/5/15 and the Science FT Window starts 11/9. These changes are now reflected in the MAP-A Calendar.
- 9/25/15 - The LEA Guide To English Language Proficiency (ELP) Assessments (v3) is now available.
- 9/25/15 - The EOC Raw To Scale Score Conversion Charts have been updated through Fall 2015.
- 9/24/15 - The following documents have been updated and posted: 2015-2016 EOC Blueprints, Guidelines For Use Of A Scribe, EOC Parent/Guardian Sample Letter, Grade-Level Assessment Parent/Guardian Sample Letter, MAP Information For Parents.
- 9/3/15 - The LEA Guide To The Missouri Assessment Program (v1) is now available.
- 8/25/15 - The LEA Guide To English Language Proficiency (ELP) Assessments (v2) is now available.
- 8/3/15 - The LEA Guide To English Language Proficiency (ELP) Assessments (v1) is now available.
- 2015-2016 LEA Guide To The Missouri Assessment Program - Version 2
- 2015-2016 Guide to ELP Assessments - Version 3
- 2015-2016 Quality Assurance: Self-Monitoring Form
- 2015-2016 EOC Tools and Accommodations
- 2015-2016 EOC Blueprints
- 2015-2016 EOC Trainings
- 2015-2016 Test Administration Manual
- 2015-2016 Pre-Test Administration Manual
- Raw-To-Scale Score Conversion Chart
- 2016 Grade-Level Tools and Accommodations
- 2016 Grade-Level Assessment Blueprints
- 2016 Grade-Level Test Coordinators Manual
- 2016 Grade-Level Trainings
Future Testing Windows
|MAP Grade-Level||4/4 - 5/27||4/3 - 5/26||4/2 - 5/25|
|End-of-Course/Personal Finance - Spring||2/22 - 5/27||2/20 - 5/26||2/19 - 5/25|
|End-of-Course/Personal Finance - Summer||6/6 - 8/26||6/5 - 8/25||TBD|
|End-of-Course/Personal Finance - Fall||10/3 - 1/20||10/2 - 1/19||TBD|
|MAP-A||4/4 - 5/27||2/20 - 5/26||2/19 - 5/25|
|WIDA ACCESS for ELLs 2.0||1/11 - 3/18* (Extended on 1/29)||1/9 - 3/3||1/8 - 3/2|
|ACT - Paper/Pencil||4/19 (Makeup Date: 5/3)||4/19 (Makeup Date: 5/3)||TBD|
|ACT - Online||4/19 - 5/3||4/19 - 5/3||TBD|
|Personal Finance||June 8, 2015 to August 28, 2015||Summer 2015 Window|
|EOC||June 8, 2015 to August 28, 2015||Summer 2015 Window|
|EOC||DUE September 18, 2015||Fall 2015 First Precode (students available in iTester 9/28/15 - students may begin testing 10/5/15)|
|ACCESS for ELLs||October 1, 2015 to November 6, 2015||WIDA ACCESS Pre-Code Window|
|NAEP||October 5, 2015 to November 13, 2015||PISA 2016 Testing Window|
|EOC||October 5, 2015 to January 22, 2016||Fall 2015 Window|
|Personal Finance||October 5, 2015 to January 22, 2016||Fall 2015 Window|
|ACCESS for ELLs||October 19, 2015 to November 13, 2015||WIDA ACCESS Test Materials Ordering|
|MAP-A||November 5, 2015 to December 17, 2015||Fall Window|
|EOC||DUE November 6, 2015||Fall 2015 Second Precode (students available in iTester 11/16/15 - students may begin testing 11/23/15)|
|MAP-A||November 9, 2015 to December 2, 2015||Science Fall Field Test|
|ACCESS for ELLs||December 11, 2015||WIDA ACCESS Districts Receive Test Materials (On Or Before)|
|ACCESS for ELLs||December 14, 2015 to March 4, 2016||WIDA ACCESS Student Test Setup|
|ACCESS for ELLs||December 15, 2015 to March 11, 2016||WIDA ACCESS Additional Materials Ordering Window|
|MAP-A||January 1, 2016 to March 1, 2016||Winter Window|
|ACCESS for ELLs||January 11, 2016 to March 18, 2016||ACCESS for ELLs Assessment Window|
|ACCESS for ELLs||January 13, 2016 to March 21, 2016||WIDA ACCESS Districts Pack Completed Test Materials|
|ACCESS for ELLs||January 13, 2016 to March 21, 2016||WIDA ACCESS Districts Ship Completed Test Material To DRC|
|NAEP||January 25, 2016 to March 4, 2016||NAEP 2016 Assessment Window|
|Grade-Level||DUE January 29, 2016||Pre-Code Due Date|
|EOC||DUE January 29, 2016||Spring 2016 First Precode (students available in iTester 2/15/16 - students may begin testing 2/22/16)|
|EOC||February 22, 2016 to May 27, 2016||Spring 2016 Window|
|Personal Finance||February 22, 2016 to May 27, 2016||Spring 2016 Testing Window|
|NAEP||March 1, 2016 to May 27, 2016||PIRLS 2016 Testing Window|
|EOC||DUE March 4, 2016||Spring 2016 Second Precode (students available in iTester 3/14/16 - students may begin testing 3/21/16)|
|Grade-Level||DUE March 11, 2016||2nd Pre-Code Due Date|
|Grade-Level||DUE March 18, 2016||3rd Pre-Code Due Date|
|EOC||DUE April 1, 2016||Spring 2016 Third Precode (students available in iTester 4/11/16 - students may begin testing 4/18/16)|
|MAP-A||April 4, 2016 to May 27, 2016||Spring Window|
|Grade-Level||April 4, 2016 to May 27, 2016||Spring 2016 Testing Window|
|ACCESS for ELLs||April 5, 2016 to April 12, 2016||WIDA ACCESS Pre-Reporting Data Validation Window|
|ACT||April 19, 2016||ACT Statewide Administration|
|ACCESS for ELLs||April 29, 2016||WIDA ACCESS Districts Receive Reports - Printed and Online|
|ACT||May 3, 2016||ACT Statewide Administration Make-Up|
|EOC||June 6, 2016 to August 26, 2016||Summer 2016 Window|
|Personal Finance||June 6, 2016 to August 26, 2016||Summer 2016 Window|
|EOC||October 3, 2016 to January 20, 2017||Fall 2016 Window|
|Personal Finance||October 3, 2016 to January 20, 2017||Fall 2016 Window|
|ACCESS for ELLs||January 9, 2017 to March 3, 2017||ACCESS for ELLs Assessment Window|
|EOC||February 20, 2017 to May 26, 2017||Spring 2017 Window|
|Personal Finance||February 20, 2017 to May 26, 2017||Spring 2017 Window|
|ACT||April 19, 2017||ACT Statewide Administration|
|ACT||May 3, 2017||ACT Statewide Administration Make-Up|
|EOC||June 5, 2017 to August 25, 2017||Summer 2017 Window|
|Personal Finance||June 5, 2017 to August 25, 2017||Summer 2017 Window|
|EOC||October 8, 2017 to January 19, 2018||Fall 2017 Window|
|Personal Finance||October 8, 2017 to January 19, 2018||Fall 2017 Window|
|ACCESS for ELLs||January 8, 2018 to March 2, 2018||ACCESS for ELLs Assessment Window|
|EOC||February 19, 2018 to May 25, 2018||Spring 2018 Window|
|Personal Finance||February 19, 2018 to May 25, 2018||Spring 2018 Window|
Peer Review Status
All states' assessment systems are submitted to the United States Department of Education for Peer Review to document that they meet the requirements of the No Child Left Behind Act of 2001. The current Peer Review status of all components of the Missouri Assessment Program is as follows:
|Grades 3 - 8 English Language Arts and Mathematics||Full Approval|
|Grades 5 and 8 Science||Full Approval|
|Algebra I, Biology, and English II||Full Approval|
|MAP-A: ELA, Math, and Science (Based On Alternate Achievement Standards)||Full Approval|