The latest iteration of the Missouri School Improvement Program (MSIP 6) is focused on continuous improvement for all schools, the preparation of each student for life beyond high school and promoting practices that lead to healthy school systems. MSIP 6 will take a closer look at what districts are doing to implement effective practices and sustain improvements, while increasing the focus on individual student growth.
The Department believes high expectations, a clear vision and a few very focused, high impact goals will be critical to drive the improvement efforts necessary to bring about positive results.
- MSIP 6 Rule, Standards and Indicators (Approved February 11, 2020)
- MSIP 6 Comprehensive Guide
- State Board of Education Presentation Materials
- Administrative Memo
MSIP 6 Informational Meetings
The Department of Elementary and Secondary Education has hosted several public meetings to provide stakeholders with an opportunity to learn about the implementation of the Missouri School Improvement Program (MSIP) 6.
Senate Interim Committee on Education Hearing
On July 18, 2022, DESE officials provided testimony at the Senate Interim Committee on Education hearing and shared an update on MSIP 6. The following resources were shared with committee members:
- MSIP 6 Overview
- Additional Information: key changes from MSIP 5 to MSIP 6, scoring examples, and implementation timeline
- November 7, 2022: Meeting PowerPoint
- August 22, 2022 and September 7, 2022: Meeting PowerPoint
- May 5, 2022: Meeting PowerPoint
- March 17, 2022: View the recorded webinar here.