Temporary Authorization Certificate (TAC) Application Procedure
An individual who does not hold a Missouri teaching certificate should:
- Complete the online Temporary Authorization Certificate application.
- Mail original transcripts of all coursework (undergraduate and graduate) to: Educator Certification, PO Box 480, Jefferson City, MO 65102.
- Complete a fingerprint background check.
Temporary Authorization Information
Please select the link to the worksheet that corresponds to the area of certification for which you will be applying. This worksheet should be used to assist you in determining the courses you will complete to fulfill the requirements. These courses must be entered into the "Plan of Study" section of the temporary authorization application before it is submitted. Your application will be returned if the plan of study is incomplete.
Plan of Study to Meet Requirements for:
- Career Education/Vocational
- Middle School 5-9, Secondary 9-12, and K-12 Subject Areas
- Special Education - Mild/Moderate Cross Categorical K-12
- Special Education - Severely Developmentally Disabled K-12
TO LOG INTO YOUR ONLINE EDUCATOR PROFILE
To access your certification account (online profile) you must first log into DESE Web Applications with a userid and password, and then choose the Educator Certification System link located on the User Applications page. Your certification account (online profile) provides access to each of the following:
- Apply for a certificate
- Print out a certificate
- View a certificate or pending application
- View assessment scores
- Check for the receipt of transcripts
- Check fingerprint/background status
Please Note: If you have not logged in to your certification account (online profile) in over 12 months, please contact the Office of Data System Management at email@example.com or 573-522-3207.