- Educator Preparation 2023-24 Calendar - Important Dates, particularly related to APR and Title II
- Educator Preparation ListServ - The Educator Preparation ListServ is used to provide updates, changes, and important information to educator preparation programs
- Memos - Announcements of changes to DESE policies and procedures related to Educator Preparation
- Newsletters - Archived copies of bi-monthly (1st & 3rd Thursdays) newsletters
- Webinars - Archived copies of and (4th Thursday) webinars
- EPP Contact Change Form - Use this form whenever the primary contact person in each of these areas changes: Assessment, Certification, Field and Clinical, MoSIS, EPP Leader
- Accessing Data on Placement of Completers
- Guidelines for Reviewing and Revising Educator Certification Requirements
- Missouri Educator Preparation State Information - General information about Educator Preparation in Missouri
Grants and Awards
- 2023 Missouri DEWEY Awards - These awards provide an opportunity for 2-year institutions and certification-recommending institutions to receive financial support for innovative initiatives to recruit and retain teacher candidates. (Updated 9-13-23 with additional submission guidance).
- 2023 Missouri Teacher Recruitment Scholarships - UPDATED SEPT. 2023 - Scholarship program to encourage teacher candidates to consider teaching in high-needs districts. EPPs apply to distribute funds to candidates.
- Missouri Teacher Recruitment Scholarship Allocation Spreadsheet
- 2022 Missouri Teacher Preparation Program Awards
EPP Quality Assurance
- Annual Performance Report and Fall Data Collection - Comprehensive Guides, submission templates, and data Resources
- Title II - Title II Homepage, Timeline, Instruction Manual, and Sample Data Collection Worksheet
- National Accreditation - Information related to Missouri's relationship with national accreditors, the Council for the Accreditation for Educator Preparation (CAEP) and the Association for Advancing Quality in Educator Preparation (AAQEP)
Expectations of Missouri Educator Preparation Programs and Certification Candidates
- Missouri Standards for the Preparation of Educators (MoSPE)
- Code of State Regulations - 5 CSR 20-400.440 - Procedures and Standards for Approval and Accreditation of Professional Education Programs in Missouri (includes Certification Requirements)
- Statutes - Legislation related to educator preparation
Educator Candidate Assessment
- State Assessment Transition. Information related to the transition from Pearson to ETS as the vendor for state educator preparation assessments. The new tests will be available on July 1, 2024, and the last date to take a Pearson test will be June 30, 2024.
- First-Year Educator Surveys. Surveys completed by first-year educators (teachers, administrators, counselors, etc.) and their supervisors
- Missouri Educator Gateway Assessments (MEGA) Assessment Information
- Missouri Performance Assessments--rubric and resources related to performance assessments for Teachers, School Counselors, School Librarians, and Building-Level Administrators
State Advisory Groups Related to Educator Preparation
- Missouri Advisory Board for Educator Preparation (MABEP)
- The Missouri Advisory Board for Educator Preparation (MABEP) advises the State Board of Education and the Coordinating Board for Higher Education and foster meaningful and substantial collaboration and transparency among all stakeholders in the interest of improving the quality of teacher preparation in Missouri.
- Missouri Advisory Council of Certification for Educators (MACCE)
- The Missouri Advisory Council of Certification for Educators is composed of 25 members to be appointed by the State Board of Education upon recommendation of the commissioner of education. Of the 25 members, at least 15 must be active public school classroom teachers.