- The State Board of Education will accept all nominations and applications in an open search for the position of Commissioner of Education. Nominations will be received at the Department of Elementary and Secondary Education Office, attention Robin Coffman, Chief of Staff, until close of business on Friday, Nov. 21. Complete application information will be posted on the the Department website.
- The public is invited to provide recommendations on the factors/characteristics to be considered by the State Board in evaluating candidates. Additional factors to those already identified under “Characteristics of a Qualified Applicant” should be forwarded to the attention of Robin Coffman by close of business on Nov. 21, 2014.
- All nominees will be contacted to determine the nominee’s interest in becoming a candidate for the Commissioner of Education. All candidates are asked to submit a letter of application, resume with references, and a personal essay no later than Dec. 1, 2014.
- The State Board of Education will review all complete applications.
- The most qualified candidates will be notified and invited to a personal interview with the State Board of Education.
- The State Board of Education will vote on its selection from the finalists of the interviews and name the next Commissioner of Education. Hopefully, the selection process will be completed by Dec. 31, 2014. The initial date of employment will be mutually agreed upon between the State Board of Education and the candidate selected as Commissioner of Education.
Nominations, applications and other recommendations can be submitted via email to: email@example.com.