- completed at least three years of successful teaching
- a strong desire for professional improvement
This opportunity provides:
- access to experts: State event with national expert John Antonetti
- a copy John's book: 17,000 Classroom Visits Can't Be Wrong.
- access to on-demand learning modules to enrich teacher learning anywhere and anytime.
- consultant support
- networking with other teachers
- competency-based programming
Teacher Academy emphasizes the following MTDS Competencies
- Community Builder: Works in a Community of Practice
- Reflective Learner: Engages in On-Going Reflective Practice
- Instructional Designer: Uses Data to Make Decisions
- Facilitator of Student Thinking & Learning: Engages Students in Content
Facilitates learning experiences that combine engaging qualities of work, higher level thinking, and high-yield instructional strategies to engage students intellectually, academically, and/or emotionally in content and in advancing their own learning.