The State Performance Plan, required by the U.S. Department of Education, Office of Special Education Programs (OSEP), includes an indicator that addresses early childhood outcomes (ECO). This requirement is designed to gather performance data for young children receiving services through Part B of the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA). Districts will assess all children entering and exiting ECSE programs.
Note: ECSE entry and exit data compiled will be submitted via the MOSIS June Student Core file due June 30th.
- Guide for Families
- Missouri Definition of Early Childhood Outcomes (ECO) Ratings
- Missouri Outcomes Summary Sheet (MOSS)
- Early Childhood Technical Assistance Center (ECTA) - Breadth of the Three Outcomes
- Module 1: The Basics; Why Do We Collect Early Childhood Outcome Data
- Module 2: Understanding the Three Childhood Outcome Areas
- Module 3: The ECO Process
- Module 4: Good Teaming, Good Decisions
- Module 5: Age Anchoring
- Module 6A: Putting it All Together
- Module 6B: Who Needs a Rating & When Do We Do Them?