Missouri's Parent Education Program is supported through a collaborative partnership that includes the Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE), the Parents as Teacher National Center (PATNC), and the local school district. Each partner has specific roles and responsibilities that collectively ensure that families in Missouri have access to quality parent education services through this program.
FY 2022-23 Program Changes
An Administrative Memo from Pam Thomas, Assistant Commissioner, Office of Childhood, was disseminated to all school district administrators on February 28, 2022. This memo provided a brief overview of changes to Missouri's Parent Education Program for FY 2023.
Sample Forms (For use by Missouri Curriculum Partners only)
- Enrollment Form
- Participation Agreement
- Personal Visit Planning Guide and Record
- Health Form – Multi Year
- Health Form – Screening Events
- Developmental Screening Summary – Exchange of Information
- Group Connection Planning Guide and Record
- Child Exit Form
- Professional Growth Plan
Program Designations Options for Providing Parent Education Services
- Parents as Teachers Missouri Curriculum Partner
- Model Affiliate Program
- Requirements, Reporting, and Research
Requirements – Program specific guidance, procedures, tools and timeline to support programs in implementing Missouri’s Parent Education Program.
- Early Childhood Development Act (ECDA) Administrative Manual (August 2022)
- Recommended Procedures for Hearing, Vision and Oral/Dental Checks
- Developmental Screening Information
- Sample Contract Agreement
- Compliance Review Tool
- Individual Parent Educator File Review
Reporting – Reporting timeline and guidance documents to assist programs with Missouri’s Parent Education Program reporting requirements.
- ePeGS Guide
- Compliance Plan Guide
- Core Data and Missouri Student Information System (MOSIS) Reference Manual (Exhibit 17B)
Research – The Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE) contracted with the University of Missouri’s Institute of Public Policy (IPP) to examine the effects of the Missouri school district-based Parents as Teachers (MO PAT) participation on child outcomes.
Parents as Teachers Missouri Curriculum PartnerModel Affiliate Program
- Professional Development
Professional Development opportunities, curriculum training, and resources for program supervisors and parent educators.
Communication sent during the program year relating to PAT. (Program year 2022 archive)