Missouri's Parent Education Program - Program Information
Missouri's Parent Education Program is supported through a collaborative partnership that includes the Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE), the Parents as Teacher National Center (PATNC), and the local school district. Each partner has specific roles and responsibilities that collectively ensure that families in Missouri have access to quality parent education services through this program.
Sample Forms for Curriculum Partner Programs have been revised for immediate use in FY 2024. The revised forms include the Enrollment Form, Participation Agreement, and the Personal Visit Planning Guide and Record. These forms are available under the Sample Forms header listed below.
- Requirements, Reporting, and Research
Requirements – Program specific guidance, procedures, tools, and timeline to support programs in implementing Missouri’s Parent Education Program.
- Early Childhood Development Act (ECDA) Administrative Manual (September 2022)
- Recommended Procedures for Hearing, Vision and Oral/Dental Checks
- Compliance Review Tool
- Individual Parent Educator File Review
DESE Reporting – Reporting timeline and guidance documents to assist programs with Missouri’s Parent Education Program reporting requirements.
- ePeGS Guide
- Compliance Plan Guide
- Core Data and Missouri Student Information System (MOSIS) Reference Manual (Exhibit 17B)
PATNC Reporting -
- PATNC – Creating a New User Profile
- PATNC – Adding an Employee to Your Company Profile
- PATNC – Registering for Training
- PATNC – Renewing Curriculum Subscriptions
- PATNC – Renewing Group Curriculum Subscriptions
Research – The Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE) contracted with the University of Missouri’s Institute of Public Policy (IPP) to examine the effects of the Missouri school district-based Parents as Teachers (MO PAT) participation on child outcomes.
- Supervisor Training and Resources
Program Supervisor Training – A required training for new Program Supervisors reviewing program details specific to carrying out their role in an effective manner and a resource for Program Supervisors wanting a refresher.
After completing the Program Supervisor Training modules, submit your feedback to HomeVisiting@dese.mo.gov.
The following resources are companion pieces to the ECDA Administrative Manual. These resources are intended to provide guidance and instruction in meeting the requirements of this program.
- Contracting Services Plan
- Orientation Checklist Supporting New Parent Educators
- Parent Education Program MSIP 6 Alignment Document
- Parent Education Program Payment Schedule
- Parent Education Program Structure and Planning Tool
- Program Supervisor Annual Checklist
- Shared Strategies for Missouri's Parent Education Program
- FY 2023 MO Parent Education Total Reimbursement Calculation Tool
- Sample Forms
Sample Forms for Curriculum Partner Programs – These forms provide the required documentation needed to support the services being provided. Programs may include additional information on these sample forms to meet the individual needs of the district.
- Enrollment Form Revised June 2023
- Participation Agreement Revised June 2023
- Personal Visit Planning Guide and Record Revised June 2023
- Health Form – Multi Year
- Health Form – Screening Events
- Developmental Screening Summary – Exchange of Information
- Group Connection Planning Guide and Record
- Child Exit Form
- Professional Growth Plan
- Parent Satisfaction Survey
Parents as Teachers Missouri Curriculum PartnerModel Affiliate Program
- Professional Development
Professional Development opportunities, curriculum training, and resources for program supervisors and parent educators.
Communication sent during the program year relating to PAT. (Program year 2023 archive)