2023 Summer Workshop Information
The 2023 Food and Nutrition Services (FNS) Summer Workshop registration is now available and will be submitted through SurveyMonkey.
Please click on the registration that you will be attending below:
- Wentzville, June 28 and 29
- Cameron, July 26
- Lee’s Summit, July 27
- Central Missouri, August (TBA)
Wentzville Summer Workshop - June 28 and 29 - Holt High School, 600 Campus Dr, Wentzville, MO 63385.
- The registration deadline for Wentzville is June 19, 2023.
- Only register for one day at Wentzville, training will be the same each day.
Cameron Summer Workshop - July 26 - Cameron High School, 1022 S. Chestnut Street, Cameron, MO 64429.
Lee’s Summit Summer Workshop - July 27 - East Trails Middle School, 1001 SE Bailey Road, Lee’s Summit, MO 64081.
- The registration deadline for Cameron and Lee’s Summit is July 17, 2023.
The Central Missouri Summer Workshop will be announced soon but dates should be within the first 2 weeks of August.
- In order to attend, you must register.
- No on-site registrations will be allowed.
- Breakfast and lunch will be on your own. No meals provided.
- Rooms could be cold, so remember your sweater or jacket.
- Please bring writing utensils, these will not be provided.
If you have questions concerning the summer workshops, please call Food and Nutrition Services at 573-751-3526.
Let's Talk Tuesday
Certificate of Completion Let's Talk Tuesday.
- November 8 - DESE- FNS Webinar: Completing the Verification Report
- April 19 - DESE-FNS Webinar
- April 25 - Seamless Summer Option, Non-congregate Meals for Summer 2023 (recording)
2022 Summer Workshop Recorded Presentations
- All About Procurement
- Approving Free and Reduced Price Applications
- Benefit Issuance and Verification Special Situations
- Benefit Issuance & Verification Special Situations - Presentation
- Benefit Issuance Basics
- CEP & Provision 2
- Grab and Go Meals
- Grab and Go Meals - Presentation
- Grab and Go Meals - New Hire Presentation
- Introduction to Gold Star
- Local School Wellness
- Local School Wellness Policy - Presentation
- Local Wellness Policy Checklist
- Local Wellness Policy Final Rule
- Assessment Template
- Dietary Behavior
- Integrating Nutrition Across the WSCC
- School Breakfast Matters
- School Meals are Healthy Meals
- School Nutrition Policies and Practice
- School Nutrition Whole Child Approach to Education
- Meal Pattern
- Meal Pattern Lunch & Breakfast - Presentation
- Offer vs Serve
- Production Records and Menu Documentation
- Recipe Crediting
- Unscrambling USDA Foods
- Unscrambling USDA Foods - Presentation
- Missouri USDA Foods Procedures
- Verification Process - Presentation
- Verification Report Handout
2021 Summer Workshop Recorded Presentations
- Administrative Review - Seamless Summer Option
- Basics of Smart Snacks
- Basic Procurement
- Food Allergies 2.0 (Case Studies)
- Food Service Management Company RFP and Contract Basics
- Menu Analysis Basics - Calculating Meat/Meat Alternates and Grains
- New Food Service Directors Basics
- Overview of Procurement Reviews
- Professional Standards in Child Nutrition Programs
- School Meal Connections - Linking the Cafeteria to Nutrition Education
- School Food Service Revenue and Expenditure Coding
- Seamless Summer Option Program
- Understanding Area-Eligibility
- What to Expect During an Administrative Revie
2020 Summer Workshop Recorded Presentations
- 4 Day Meal Pattern Lunch and Breakfast
- 6 Cent Worksheets: How To Guide From Beginning To End
- Afterschool Snack and Common Findings on Review
- Alternative Breakfast Models
- Civil Rights
- Common Corrective Actions Found During the Administrative Review
- Crediting Gains in Recipe Converter
- Meal Pattern Lunch and Breakfast
- Standardized Recipe Converter
- Verification Process
- What To Expect During an Administrative Review
2019 Summer Workshop Recorded Presentations
- Benefit Issuance: Eligibility Basics and Direct Certification
- Calculating Meat/Meat Alternate and Grain Components
- Community Eligibility Provision (CEP)
- Completing the Five-Day Non-Program Food Revenue Tool
- Essential Documents for Food Safety and Crediting
- Free and Reduced Application Process
- How to Avoid Fiscal Action During the Administrative Review
- Local Meal Charge Policy: Regulations and Reality
- Medical Statements
- Nonprogram Food Revenue and Completing the Extended Nonprogram Food Revenue Tool
- Paid Lunch Equity Tool (PLE) Tool
- Paid Lunch Equity (PLE) Tool in Web Applications
- Pre-K Meal Pattern
- Pricing Adult Meals
- Standardized Recipes and Production Records
- Tools for Calculating Meats and Grains
- Verification Reports