The Missouri Purple Star school designation is awarded to military-friendly local education agencies (LEAs) that have demonstrated a major commitment to students and families connected to our nation’s military. Schools that earn the designation receive a special Purple Star logo to display onsite and on their website. DESE honored the first cohort of schools earning this designation in fall 2022. The designation is valid for three years, which means schools that received it in 2024 could reapply by December 15th, 2027.
For additional information, please email email@example.com.
- Purple Star Application
- Application Due – December 15, 2023
- Award Notification – January 16, 2024
- Districtwide professional development regarding considerations for military students and families
- Assigned Point of Contact (POC) for military families
- Training requirement for POC
- Dedicated webpage
- School Board passed a resolution publicizing support for military students and families
- Host an annual military program (i.e., Veteran’s Day, 9/11, etc.)
- Additional items found in the application