Section 210.1007 RSMo. requires the Department of Health and Senior Services to provide child care providers with a listing of products identified by the Consumer Product Safety and Commission (CPSC) as unsafe. This webpage provides a direct link to CPSC updates.
The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) is an independent federal regulatory agency that works to reduce the risk of injuries and deaths from consumer products. The CPSC issues approximately 300 product recalls each year, including many products found in child care settings. Many consumers, unaware of product recalls, continue to use potentially unsafe products.
Child Care providers should be aware of recalled items when purchasing used products. Unsafe products should be disposed of properly. It is the responsibility of child care providers to ensure that recalled products are not in use in their facilities. The CPSC’s toll-free hotline is available at 800.638.2772. The hearing impaired can call 800.638.8270.
Information also is available on the CPSC website at www.cpsc.gov.
CPSC Product Recalls - Notifications from SCCR
- CPSC Product Recall Notice 6-9-22
- CPSC Product Recall Notice 6-6-22
- CPSC Product Recall Notice 2-24-22
- CPSC Product Recall Notice 10-7-21
- CPSC Product Recall Notice 8-24-21
- CPSC Product Recall Notice 7-20-21
- CPSC Product Recall Notice 6-10-21
- CPSC Product Recall Notice 5-5-21
- CPSC Product Recall Notice 4-14-21
- CPSC Product Recall Notice 12-16-20