Report a Complaint or Concern

If you suspect child abuse, neglect, or exploitation at a child care facility in Missouri, contact the Child Abuse and Neglect Hotline at 1-800-392-3738.

How to Report a Health or Safety Concern/Complaint:

Complaints made on regulated child care programs for violations of child care regulations are investigated. Child care that is being provided illegally can also be investigated.

Provider’s vacation schedule, fee and payment issues, and other complaints that are not covered by regulation are not addressed.

Complaints are assigned to a local child care specialist for investigation, and depending on the seriousness of the violation, complaints are referred to the central office for possible legal action.

The investigation and any legal action takes time. All substantiated (determined to be rule violations) complaints are available to the public through Show Me Child Care Provider Search. Some information, including names of children, is kept confidential and not open to the public.

File a Complaint About a Child Care Provider (Missouri Only)

Contact the Section for Child Care Regulation by phone or by using the form below.

Phone: Call your child care district office, Monday–Friday during regular business hours.

Please DO NOT provide any personal or sensitive information when filling out this form, such as a social security number, credit card, health information, account number, etc.


Missouri Facility Information

Facility Address