ALREADY CERTIFIED in a Student Services area (School Counselor, School Psychological Examiner, School Psychologist, Speech Language Pathologist) in Missouri:
- You need to view or print your certificate
- You will need to log on to DESE Web Applications with your user id and password. Once you have access to your profile page, the Certificate Status link is located in the Menu to the left. By clicking on Certificate Status, you will see the box that says View Certificate. You will then be able to view and print your student services certificate.
- You need to know the requirements to upgrade from an initial (ISS) to a career (CSS) certificate
- Your certificate has expired or will expire soon
- If you are currently practicing with a Student Services certificate in Missouri, have completed four (4) years of acceptable student services experience, and have completed all requirements for upgrading, you will need to submit the Upgrade Student Services Application.
- If you are currently practicing with a Student Services certificate in Missouri, and will complete all requirements for upgrading within the next school year, you and your district will need to submit an Extension Application.
- If you are not currently practicing with a Student Services certificate in Missouri, and have NOT completed all requirements for upgrading, but you have recently become employed, you and your district will need to submit an online Reactivation application. If your current background check clearance is over a year old, you will be required to complete a new fingerprint background check.
- If you are not currently practicing with a Student Services certificate in Missouri, you will need to complete a 2-3 semester hour college course. The course must be at the graduate level. It should be relevant to your professional growth as an educator. It should not be a repeat of a course you have already completed. Once you complete the course and it is posted on a transcript, you will need to complete the online Reactivation application. The course you choose to use for reactivation may not be over six months old at the time you submit the Reactivation application. Original transcripts verifying completion of the course must be submitted to the department for verification. If your current background check clearance is over a year old, you will be required to complete a new fingerprint background check.
- You have questions about student services professional development requirements
The Certification Account Portal allows you to:
- Apply for a certificate
- Print out your certificate
- View a certificate or pending application
- View assessment scores
- Check for the receipt of transcripts
- Check fingerprint/background status
- Log into with your User ID and password (Locked out? Get help here)
- Choose the Educator Certification System link (located on the User Applications page.)
- To establish a User ID and password, follow the directions of the Educator Certification Help Guide