Early Learning & Early Literacy is one of the key priority areas in the Department’s strategic plan, Show Me Success. The Preschool Development Grant provides us the opportunity to support this plan and the efforts of our important partners.
Every child is ready for school
Provide access to quality early learning opportunities
When did Missouri receive the Preschool Development Grant?
- Year 3 Application November 2021
- Year 2 Application Revised March 2021
- Year 2 Application November 2020
- Renewal Press Release December 2019
- Renewal Application November 2019
- Initial Press Release January 2019
- Initial Application November 2018
The effort to submit the applications was made possible in part by support from Missouri Foundation for Health.
What have we learned?
- From Parents
- From Professionals
- From Partners
- From Communities
- 2019 Early Care & Education Needs Assessment - Full Copy
- 2020 Program Performance Evaluation - Full Copy
- 2021 Annual Performance Progress Report
Where are we going?
- Early Childhood Integrated Data System (ECIDS)
- Professional Development Registry (PDR) & Training System
- 2020 Early Care & Education Strategic Plan
- 2021 Early Care & Education Stakeholder Survey Results
- Best Practices for Professionals & Programs
- Best Practices for Family Engagement
How will we get there?
If you have questions, or would like more information about the Preschool Development Grant, email Childhood@dese.mo.gov.