What strategies will be used to achieve this important goal?
The Missouri Education Reform Plan outlines the critical strategies that will be used to become a top 10 performing state. This includes:
1) Expanding opportunities for quality voluntary early childhood education.
2) Developing a comprehensive system for the recruitment, preparation, selection, support and evaluation of effective educators.
3) Implementing higher and clearer academic and performance standards and a rigorous and internationally benchmarked assessment system.
4) Developing and using the longitudinal data system to improve instruction.
5) Improving the efficiency and effectiveness of the Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education.