Public Schools - Copies of Transcripts and Diplomas

The Department of Elementary & Secondary Education does not keep copies of high school transcripts or diplomas – those are kept at your local school district’s superintendent’s office. However, school districts are not required to keep copies of the actual diplomas, but will have copies of your transcripts which show you graduated. 

If the school you attended is no longer open, you should contact the superintendent’s office of the district that now serves the area where you attended. 

If you encounter difficulty contacting the superintendent’s office, you may try your State Supervisor of Instruction. These are Department of Education employees throughout the state who work closely with the school districts in their areas and may be able to assist you with contacting the school district in question.