Private Schools - Copies of Diplomas and Transcripts

The Department of Elementary & Secondary Education only works with public schools in the state of Missouri. We do not have records of students who attended private school. If the private institution you attended is now closed, we suggest you check with the church or organization that sponsored the school – perhaps they would have information as to where the records are kept. You might also check with the county courthouse in the county where the school was located. Oftentimes, agencies will send the records to the Recorder’s office for safekeeping. Another option would be the Secretary of State’s office. They are in charge of record retention for the state and may offer you additional help.