BMIT - Personal Finance
Personal Finance Assessment Info
Note from BMIT director: Don't let the fact that the Personal Finance website refers to the exam as an EOC confuse you. The exam itself is on the EOC platform, but it is not the same type of EOC as Biology, for example. Testing guidelines have NOT changed.
- As part of their curriculum, students in Missouri must earn a 1/2 credit in the area of Personal Finance.
- Students who are receiving personal finance credit from embedded coursework: The online assessment is REQUIRED. The pass rate is the district’s decision.
- Students attempting to “test out” and receive personal finance credit toward graduation: The online assessment is REQUIRED. Students must attain a score of 90% or higher to receive personal finance credit.
- Students who are enrolled in a stand-alone personal finance course: The online assessment is OPTIONAL. Participation, however, permits the district to evaluate student achievement with an assessment fully aligned to state standards.
- A student may take the Personal Finance Assessment ONE time per testing window.
- The Personal Finance Assessment is provided at no cost to districts.
Please call the BMIT Director, Cindy Shannon, at 573-751-8665 with any questions.