July 23 Webinar Information: Slides || Link to Recording
Alternative Methods of Instruction (AMI)
Beginning in school year 2020-21, a local education agency (LEA) will not be required to make up school hours that are lost or canceled due to exceptional or emergency circumstances (up to 36 hours) if the LEA implements an Alternative Methods of Instruction (AMI) Plan that is approved by the Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE). Please see the information below to assist with your district's AMI Plan.
- Administrative Memo QS-21-005 - Alternative Methods of Instruction (AMI) Plans
- Section 171.033, RSMo
- Quality Schools Guidance Document
- Special Education Guidance Document
- Alternative Methods of Instruction Application (MO500-3226)
- Alternative Methods of Instruction Application - For Reference Only
Alternative Methods of Instruction of Instruction-Extended (AMI-X)
The Alternative Methods of Instruction-Extended (AMI-X) Plan, which allows districts and charter schools to continue to provide services either onsite or in an approved pattern of distanced instruction, will continue to be available until July 30, 2021.
- Administrative Memo QS-21-002 - Alternative Methods of Instruction-Extended (AMI-X) Plans
- Attendance Guidance Document
- FAQ Document
Konnie Koenigsfeld, Assistant Director