Neglected & Delinquent
Definition of Neglected and Delinquent Children
"An institution for Neglected Children" - A public or private residential facility other than a foster home, that is operated for the care of children who have been committed to the institution or voluntarily placed in the institution under applicable State law, due to abandonment, neglect, or death of their parents or guardians.
"An institution for Delinquent Children" - A public or private residential facility for the care of children who have been adjudicated to be delinquent or in need of supervision.
Neglected & Delinquent Institutions (Part D, Subpart 2) and State Agencies (Part D, Subpart 1)
- Annual Survey Instructions
- Annual Survey of Children in Local Institutions for Neglected or Delinquent Children
- Consultation Forms for Neglected and Delinquent Institutions
- Federal Legislation
- National Technical Assistance Center for the Education of Neglected or Delinquent Children and Youth (NDTAC)
- Title I.D LEA Program Evaluation, Subpart 2
- Title I.D State Agency Program Evaluation, Subpart 1