2014 National FFA Convention Highlights
National Record High numbers of American FFA Degrees by a state - 464 recipients.
National FFA Chapter Activities competition - All 34 chapters received the highest rating awarded - 3 Star
Ashland, Audrain Co, Aurora, Boonville, Bowling Green, Buckling, California, Carthage, Centralia, Chillicothe, Clark Co., Concordia, Eldon, Elsberry, Linn, Mansfield, Marshall, Milan, North Callaway, Paris, Savannah, Seneca, Seymour, Sherwood, Slater, South Callaway, South Shelby, Sullivan, Sweet Springs, Tipton, Troy, Union, Waynesville & Wheatland.
Two Chapters were recognized as Top 10 Chapters in the Nation in the Model of Excellence category - Marshall & Troy
Troy was also recognized as Top 10 chapter in Community Models of Innovations.
Career Development Events Summary
15 of 20 teams/individuals received Gold rating:
- Agriculture Mechanics - North Shelby - 5th place
- Agronomy - Neosho - 4th place
- Dairy Cattle - Mountain Grove - 6th place
- Dairy Foods - Wheaton - 10th place
- Dairy Cattle Handlers - Niangua - Katie Wantland - Gold Rating
- Environmental & Natural Resources - Halfway - 9th place
- Extemporaneous Speaking - Willard - Mercer Martin - National Winner
- Farm Business Management - Palmyra - 6th place
- Floriculture - Palmyra - 4th place
- Horse Evaluation - Aurora - Gold Rating
- Livestock Evaluation - Princeton - 4th place
- Meats - Audrain Co. - 8th place
- Nursery/Landscape - Skyline - 3rd place
- Parliamentary Procedure - Eldon - National Winner
- Poultry - Wheaton - 4th place
- Eight (8) members placed in the Top 10 Individuals in their respective CDE
- 48 of 69 individuals received Gold rankings (approximatley top 10% of CDE)
Agriscience Fair - 12 out of 19 agriscience fair projects placed in the top fifteen in the nation.
Proficiency Awards - 3 national finalists
- Agricultural Communications - Nora Faris, Concordia - National Winner
- Agriscience Research Animal Systems - Hannah Straatman, Union - National Finalist
- Emerging Agricultural Technology - Christopher Holliday, Boonville - National Finalist
American Star In Agribusiness - Dustin Stanton, Centralia - National Winner
National FFA Band - 17 of approximately 100 members selected nationally
National FFA Chorus - 6 of approximately 75 members selected nationally
National FFA Talent performers - 4 selected nationally - Sydney Lambert, Kirksville - National Talent Winner
Honorary American FFA Degree - 11 Recipients
- Bill Angel - Odessa
- Dr. Anna Ball - University of Missouri
- Brock Bailey - Bowling Green
- Garret Hawkins - Missouri Farm Bureau
- Doug Henke - Boonville
- David Mauk - Southeast Missouri State University
- Brent Niemeyer - Sweet Springs
- Dr. Richard Norris - St. Louis Center for Plant and Life Sciences
- Randy Plattner - Marshall
- Bill Streeter - MFA, Inc.
- Lyle Whittaker - Miller
The National FFA website lists more highlights from the 2014 convention.