Part B Annual State Application
Subject: Part B Application - POST Amended Application
Source: Pam Williams, Coordinator, Special Education Services
Intended Audience: System stakeholders in Part B of the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA)
Date: May 27, 2016
The Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE), Office of Special Education (OSE) is amending the Part B application for funds and is making those changes available for public review and comment. When posted on February 19, 2016, DESE had not sufficient time to fully consider the effects of recent changes to the Elementary and Secondary Education Act as they relate to assurance 14 in the application specific to Highly Qualified Teachers. As a result, the application was posted with no change to assurance 14 from the prior year. Since that posting and in order to be consistent with changes to ESEA, DESE has decided to eliminate the HQT requirement beginning with the 2016-17 school year. DESE is amending assurance 14 on the application from a “yes” to a “no,” consistent with that decision. DESE has made no additional changes to the Part B application.
All states applying for funds under Part B of the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) are required to make available for public review and comment the application packet for those federal funds. These are the funds that support provision of special education services to children ages 3 to 21 in Missouri. DESE has amended assurance 14 for IDEA Part B funds and by this notice is making the application available for review and comment. We will accept comments only as they relate to the amendment of assurance 14.
The application packet, developed by the U.S. Department of Education, Office of Special Education Programs (OSEP), includes a summary of the assurances, certifications, and IDEA use of fund descriptions that the state will use to implement Part B of IDEA. Upon OSEP's approval of Missouri's Part B application, the state will receive a federal grant award under Part B of the IDEA for the period of July 1, 2016, through June 30, 2017.
As you review the application, please note the following:
* The application is in a format required by OSEP.
* Missouri is providing general assurances to OSEP that the state will be implementing the provisions of state and federal regulations for Part B of IDEA 2004.
* The dollar amounts listed in Section III, Use of Funds, are for State-level Administration and Targeted Initiatives; not the cost of serving students with disabilities or the total cost of special education services in Missouri.
The application is available for review from May 27 through July 29, 2016. Written public comments on the amended Part B application packet may be submitted from June 1, 2016, until the close of business on June 30, 2016, to the attention of Pam Williams, Coordinator of Services, Office of Special Education, at [email protected] or P.O. Box 480, Jefferson City, MO 65102-0480 or by fax 573-526-4404. Note: DESE intends to submit the amended application prior to the close of the comment period, as provided for in instructions from OSEP, with an assurance to OSEP that DESE will review and consider all comments related to the amendment of the plan.
Prior Year Applications
- Part B Annual State Application-FFY 2015
- Part B Annual State Application-FFY 2014
- Part B Annual State Application-FFY 2013
- Part B Annual State Application-FFY 2012
- Part B Annual State Application-FFY 2011
- Part B Annual State Application-FFY 2010
- Part B Annual State Application-FFY 2009
- Part B Annual State Application-FFY 2008
- Part B Annual State Application-FFY 2007
- Part B Annual State Application-FFY 2006
- Part B Annual State Application-FFY 2005