Part B Annual State Application
All states making application for funds under Part B of the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) are required to make available for public review and comment the application packet for those federal funds. These are the funds that support provision of special education services to children ages 3 to 21 in Missouri. The Department of Elementary and Secondary Education has developed the draft application packet for IDEA Part B funds and by this notice is making the application available for review and comment.
The application packet, developed by the U.S. Department of Education, Office of Special Education Programs (OSEP), includes a summary of the assurances, certifications, and IDEA use of fund descriptions that the state will use to implement Part B of IDEA. Upon OSEP's approval of Missouri's Part B application, the state will receive a federal grant award under Part B of the IDEA for the period of July 1, 2015, through June 30, 2016.
As you review the application, please note the following:
- The application is in a format required by OSEP.
- Missouri is providing general assurances to OSEP that the state will be implementing the provisions of state and federal regulations for Part B of IDEA 2004.
- The dollar amounts listed in Section III, Use of Funds, are for State-level Administration and Targeted Initiatives; not the cost of serving students with disabilities or the total cost of special education services in Missouri.
- The amounts for State-level Administration and Targeted Initiatives are based upon the current year (SFY15) allocation since OSEP has yet to give the anticipated award amounts for SFY16. These amounts will be used until the SFY16 award amount is disclosed.
- The application indicates new or revised policies based on proposed changes to the Missouri Part B State Plan which will be presented to the Missouri State Board of Education on March 16, 2015. A copy of the plan is available at the following link: http://dese.mo.gov/special-education/proposed-state-plan-changes-2015.
The application is available for review on our website from January 26, 2015, through March 27, 2015. Written public comments on the draft Part B application packet may be submitted from February 9, 2015, until the close of business on March 10, 2015, to the attention of Pam Williams, Coordinator of Services, Office of Special Education, at [email protected] or P.O. Box 480, Jefferson City, MO 65102-0480 or by fax 573-526-4404.
Prior Year Applications
- Part B Annual State Application-FFY 2014
- Part B Annual State Application-FFY 2013
- Part B Annual State Application-FFY 2012
- Part B Annual State Application-FFY 2011
- Part B Annual State Application-FFY 2010
- Part B Annual State Application-FFY 2009
- Part B Annual State Application-FFYY 2008
- Part B Annual State Application-FFY 2007
- Part B Annual State Application-FFY 2006
- Part B Annual State Application-FFY 2005