Welcome to the “Parent Page” for Missouri First Steps. Every family wants their child to grow and learn. Families with young children who have special needs or developmental delays may require a little extra support. This support is called early intervention.
Early Intervention is about helping these infants and toddlers acquire important developmental skills, such as crawling, playing, talking and eating, during their first three years. By bringing families together with early intervention specialists, families can learn new ways to encourage and support their child’s development within their daily activities.
Referral and Eligibility
- First Steps General Informing Brochure (English) (Spanish)
- First Steps Belief Statements
- How Do I Make a Referral?
- Who is Eligible?
- Parent Rights Statement (July 2014)
- Family Cost Participation and Insurance
- Child Complaint Forms
- Advocacy, Disability and Education Resources
Early Intervention Teams (EIT)
First Steps Year at a Glance
- Yearly Report 2019-20
- Yearly Report 2018-19 One-page summary
- Yearly Report 2017-18
- Yearly Report 2016-17
- Yearly Report 2015-16