Missouri Recognizes Eight Gold Star Schools
The Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE) has announced eight Missouri Gold Star Schools for 2022. The program, which aligns with the National Blue Ribbon Schools Program sponsored by the U.S. Department of Education, recognizes schools for outstanding academic achievement or for performing at high levels while serving a significant proportion of disadvantaged students.
Missouri’s 2022 Gold Star Schools include:
- Blair Oaks Elementary School, Blair Oaks R-II School District
- Chapel Lakes Elementary School, Blue Springs R-IV School District
- Dewey Elementary School, Chillicothe R-II School District
- Epic Elementary School, Liberty 53 School District
- Eugene Field Elementary School, Webb City R-VII School District
- Kirkwood Senior High School, Kirkwood R-VII School District
- Matthews Elementary School, New Madrid Co. R-I School District
- Nixa High School, Nixa Public Schools
“Congratulations to the students, teachers, and staff members of each of these schools for earning this recognition,” said Commissioner of Elementary and Secondary Education Margie Vandeven. “These schools exemplify what it takes to prepare students for success in school and in life while working hard to meet the needs of each individual child.”
The Missouri Gold Star Schools program was established in 1991 and uses the same criteria for nomination as the National Blue Ribbon Schools Program. The U.S. Department of Education’s Blue Ribbon Schools will be announced this fall.