Awards & Honors
Science Teacher from St. Joseph Wins Prestigious Milken Award
Deborah Siebern-Dennis, a 7th and 8th grade honors science teacher at Bode Middle School in St. Joseph, has been named the winner of a Milken Educator Award that includes an unrestricted cash prize of $25,000. St. Joseph School District officials called a surprise assembly for the announcement today. Senior Vice President Dr. Jane Foley of the Milken Educator Awards made the presentation. Commissioner of Education Margie Vandeven was on hand for the celebration and helped surprise Deborah.
News Release (2/11/2016)
Blue Springs Elementary Teacher Named Missouri's Teacher of the Year
Linda Glasgow knew at a young age that education was her calling.
“I played school and was always the teacher, volunteered to teach younger children at church, mothered my siblings and neighborhood children and worked at a childcare center in high school,” said Glasgow, a third-grade teacher at John Nowlin Elementary School in Blue Springs.
- News Release (09/16/2015)
Missouri STEM Educator Innovator Award Winners
Congratulations to 10 Missouri educators who were recently honored as Missouri STEM Educator Innovator award winners! These 10 were recognized by the Missouri Mathematics and Science Coalition and Monsanto for using innovative techniques to teach and inspire students about science, technology, engineering and mathematics.
The winners were:
- Cana Conrow, Fayette High School
- Garrett Lowder, Nixa
- Tracie Summerville, Rockwood Summit High School
- Pattie Balano Blue Springs South High School
- Connie Shoemaker, Rolla High School
- Melanie Utterback, Community R-VI
- Clifford Amen, Parkway West High School
- Daniel Barton, John Burroughs
- Brett Kisker, Liberty North High School
- Mark McAllister, Lafayette High School