State Plan for Special Education
Part B: Ages 3 to 21
Part C: Ages Birth to 3
PROPOSED REORGANIZATION OF PART B STATE PLAN 2017
The Office of Special Education is proposing changes to the state plan/regulations implementing Part B of the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) for reorganizational purposes only. These proposed changes are coming immediately after the 2017 proposed state plan change which is still being finalized and is tentatively set to be effective July 30, 2017.
The reorganization changes include: relocating multiple sections to more applicable areas of the state plan, changing the outline style from numerical to alphabetical, bolding and underlining each subsection heading, adding each subsection to the table of contents, creating new titles/subsection headers, capitalizing all bulleted lists, updating references, and changing the indent space and spacing between sections. There are no substantial content changes in the state plan.
The proposed reorganization and summary changes charts are available for inspection until July 6, 2017. They are listed below and may also be viewed in the office of the Assistant Commissioner, Office of Special Education, Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education, 205 Jefferson Street, 4th floor Jefferson Building, Jefferson City, MO 65102 during regular office hours.
Written public comments on the proposed changes are being solicited beginning Tuesday, May 9. All comments must be submitted in writing by 4:00 p.m. on June 29. Written comments may be submitted via the following methods:
Mail: DESE, Attn: Office of Special Education, P.O. Box 480, Jefferson City, MO 65102-0480
Fax: 573-526-4404, Attn: Office of Special Education
Email: [email protected], Attn: Office of Special Education
Public hearings will be held by webinar on:
During the webinar, you will have the opportunity to hear about the proposed reorganizational changes to the Part B regulations and ask any clarifying questions regarding the proposed changes.
Below is the entire Proposed Part B State Plan 2017 (proposed effective date is 7/30/17) – All regulations have been struck through and have been reorganized:
Below are the proposed reorganized regulations of the state plan (tentatively set to be effective January 2018) and the changes charts:
- Cover Page
- Table of Contents
- Regulation I - General Provisions
- Regulation II - Confidentiality
- Regulation III - Identification and Evaluation
- Regulation IV - FAPE-IEP-LRE
- Regulation V - Procedural Safeguards/Discipline
- Regulation VI - Disproportionality
- Regulation VII - Other Requirements
- Regulation VIII - Personnel Standards
- Regulation IX - Caseloads
- Regulation X - Fiscal Requirement
- Regulation XI - Early Childhood (ECSE) Expenditure Requirements
- Regulation XII - Stakeholders
- Regulation XIII - Private Schools
- Regulation XIV - Approved Private Agencies
- Regulation XV - Special School Districts
- Regulation XVI - State Operated Programs