State Plan for Special Education
Part B: Ages 3 to 21
Part C: Ages Birth to 3
PROPOSED REORGANIZATION OF PART B STATE PLAN 2017
The Office of Special Education is proposing changes to the state plan/regulations implementing Part B of the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) for reorganizational purposes only.
The proposed reorganization changes include: relocating multiple sections to more applicable areas of the state plan, changing the outline style from numerical to alphabetical, bolding and underlining each subsection heading, adding each subsection to the table of contents, creating new titles/subsection headers, capitalizing all bulleted lists, updating references, and changing the indent space and spacing between sections. There are no content changes within the plan affecting any requirements, rights or responsibilities enumerated in the plan—all changes are for reorganizational purposes only and in order to increase ease of access of the information contained within the plan.
The proposed reorganization and summary changes charts are available for inspection below. They may also be viewed in the office of the Assistant Commissioner, Office of Special Education, Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education, 205 Jefferson Street, 4th floor Jefferson Building, Jefferson City, MO 65102 during regular office hours.
Written public comments to the reorganization of the plan were solicited from Tuesday, May 9 through Thursday, June 29, 2017. The comment period is now closed. Public hearings were held via webinar on Friday, May 12, 2017, from 10:00 – 11:00 a.m. and Tuesday, May 23, 2017, from 1:30 – 2:30 p.m. Recordings of the public hearing webinars are available at https://dese.mo.gov/communications/webinar/webinar-recorded.
The entire Proposed Part B State Plan and the changes charts reflecting the reorganization, tentatively set to be effective January 2018, are listed below:
Below is the entire Part B State Plan 2017 (effective 7/30/17) – All regulations have been struck through and have been reorganized:
Below are the proposed reorganized regulations of the state plan (tentatively set to be effective January 2018) and the changes charts:
- Cover Page
- Table of Contents
- Regulation I - General Provisions
- Regulation II - Confidentiality
- Regulation III - Identification and Evaluation
- Regulation IV - FAPE-IEP-LRE
- Regulation V - Procedural Safeguards/Discipline
- Regulation VI - Disproportionality
- Regulation VII - Other Requirements
- Regulation VIII - Personnel Standards
- Regulation IX - Caseloads
- Regulation X - Fiscal Requirement
- Regulation XI - Early Childhood (ECSE) Expenditure Requirements
- Regulation XII - Stakeholders
- Regulation XIII - Private Schools
- Regulation XIV - Approved Private Agencies
- Regulation XV - Special School Districts
- Regulation XVI - State Operated Programs