Welcome to the “Parent Page” for Missouri First Steps. Every family wants their child to grow and learn. Families with young children who have special needs or developmental delays may require a little extra support. This support is called early intervention.
Early Intervention is about helping these infants and toddlers acquire important developmental skills, such as crawling, playing, talking and eating, during their first three years. By bringing families together with early intervention specialists, families can learn new ways to encourage and support their child’s development within their daily activities.
- How Do I Make a Referral?
- Who is Eligible?
- Family Cost Participation and Insurance
- Parent Rights Statement (July 2014)
- Child Complaint Forms
Early Intervention Teams (EIT)
- EIT & Families — Topics for Discussion
- Early Intervention Teams and Families (English) (Spanish)
- Advocacy, Disability and Education Resources
First Steps Year at a Glance
- Yearly Report 2018-19 One-page summary NEW!!
- Yearly Report 2017-18
- Yearly Report 2016-17
- Yearly Report 2015-16
- Yearly Report 2014-15