This online handbook, published by the Academic Development Institute and the Center on Innovation & Improvement, provides educators, community leaders, and parents with an extensive overview of research and practice in the family engagement field. Authored by many of the leading experts in the field, the Handbook offers a range of perspectives on why and how families, communities, and schools collaborate with each other.
MPACT is a statewide parent training and information center that serves parents of children with all disabilities. MPACT's primary goal is to assist parents in their effort to effectively advocate for their children's educational rights and services. MPACT staff and volunteers are located throughout Missouri and work with public and private agencies, parent groups, professional organizations and advocacy groups to achieve that goal.
The IRIS Center is a national center that aims to provide high-quality resources for college and university faculty and professional development providers about students with disabilities. IRIS seeks to obtain this goal by providing free, online, interactive training enhancements that translate research about the education of students with disabilities into practice.
The mission of the Thompson Center for Autism and Neurodevelopment Disorders at the University of Missouri-Columbia is to improve the lives of individuals and families affected by autism and neurodevelopment disorders through world class programs that integrate research, clinical service delivery, education and public policy.
The Thompson Center for Autism and Neurodevelopment Disorders provides a range of services including: diagnostic evaluations, neuropsychological testing, medical and pediatric care, individual/family therapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy, applied behavior analysis and family resource supports.
- Thompson Center for Autism and Neurodevelopment Disorders website
- Free online training modules are available for professionals and family members
- Autism Resources
- Missouri Autism Guidelines Initiatives free reports
- Autism Spectrum Disorders: Guide to Evidence Based Interventions
- Autism Spectrum Disorders: Best Practice Guidelines for Screening, Diagnosis and Assessment
- National Professional Development Center for Autism Spectrum Disorders Evidence Based Practice
- Ohio Center for Autism and Low Incidence (OCALI) Free Online Training Modules
Training Experts in Autism for Missouri (TEAM)
The mission of the Thompson Center for Autism and Neurodevelopment Disorders offers free professional development to educational professionals through the Training Experts in Autism for Missouri (TEAM) program. TEAM provides FREE high quality training and ongoing support to educational providers working with students with autism across the state of Missouri. The mission of TEAM is to increase expertise on autism spectrum disorders and to advance the knowledge and implementation of current empirically supported practices through focused training, coached practice, feedback, and consultation. The primary goal of both classroom and district level training is to increase program quality and positively impact student outcomes.
- TEAM offers flexible training plans in order to address the specific characteristics of the district’s student population and identified training needs.
- Training is focused on building capacity for sustained supports by district personnel in order to have structures in place to respond to programming needs and to train district personnel to monitor program implementation.
For more information or to request TEAM training please (573) 884-1619 or email TCtrainings@missouri.edu
Missouri Special Education Teacher Resources
This page includes a list of general special education resources that cover a large array of topics right at your fingertips!
- The ACCESS Center: Improving Outcomes for All Students K-8
- Directory of Resources for Missouri with Disabilities /Missouri Governor’s Council on Disability
- ERIC Clearinghouse on Languages and Linguistics Online Resource Guide
- IRIS Center Course Enhancement Resources
- Learning Disabilities Association of America
- Mid-Continent Research for Education and Learning (McREL)
- Missouri Head Start Association
- Missouri Reading Initiative
- Missouri Regional Professional Development Centers (RPDC)
- National Center on Educational Outcomes
- OSEP Center on PBIS
- Positive Behavioral Supports (SW-PBS)
- Transition Programs
- Educator Certification
- US Office of Special Education Programs National Technical Assistance and Dissemination Network