State Interagency Coordinating Council (SICC)
According to Article 3 of the SICC Bylaws, the role of the SICC is to advise and assist the Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE) in the performance of responsibilities as stated in the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) Part C Program for infants and toddlers with disabilities. Responsibilities include the following:
- Identification of program supports and services
- Promotion of interagency agreements
- Transition of toddlers with disabilities to preschool
- Report annually to the Governor and Secretary of Education on the status of early intervention programs for infants and toddlers with disabilities and their families
- Advise other appropriate agencies in the State about the integration of services for infants and toddlers and their families.