Membership & Membership Appointment
Appointment of members will ensure that the following categories and the designated number of each are represented on the Blind Task Force.
- Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (1)
- Missouri School for the Blind (1)
- Department of Social Services (DSS) (1)
- Consumer organizations (NFB/MCB) (1 from each)
- Teachers of the Visually Impaired (2)
- Public School Special Education Administrators (2)
- School Building Principals (2)
- Current students (3) (a student currently enrolled in public secondary school. If the
- student is completing a current term on the BTF, he/she could be attending a postsecondary school).
- Parents of blind or visually impaired students attending public school in Missouri (3)
- Employers (2)
- Institutions of Higher Education (1)
- Rehabilitation Council for the Blind (FSD) (1)
- Orientation and Mobility Specialist (1)
Members shall be appointed by the Commissioner of Education, in cooperation with the Director, DSS. Members are appointed for a three (3) year term and may be reappointed for no more than three (3) consecutive terms. *Representatives of DESE, DSS, the Missouri School for the Blind, the State Rehabilitation Council for the Blind, and both consumer groups shall serve until a replacement is appointed by their organization.