Benefits to the Student, School and Community
Through Service-Learning, communication and interaction between students, teachers, and community partners develops into an open and energetic environment. All partners work together to identify needs in the community; set goals and designate responsibilities for themselves and volunteers; reflect and discuss highs and lows of the project; and all parties celebrate their accomplishments.
This communication and collaboration creates an atmosphere within the school and community that is caring, positive and beneficial to everyone involved. Teachers cultivate a stronger relationship with students and students learn real-world applications for classroom activities they might otherwise not have made. Community members see the youth doing things that benefit society.
What Service-Learning Does:
- Inspires Youth to Learn
- Improve Student’s Performance and Interest In School
- Cultivates a Positive School Environment
- Develops Stronger Ties to School, Community, and Society
- Helps Deter Risky Behavior
- Exploration Of Various Career Pathways
- Encourages Respect of others from diverse and multicultural backgrounds
- Promotes Community Support for the School
- Maximizes Volunteers /Community Resources