All students in grades 3-8 in Missouri will take the grade level assessment. Communication Arts and Mathematics are administered in all grades. Science is administered in grades 5 and 8. A few groups of students may be exempt from certian portions or all of the assessment. Those include:
- Students whose IEP teams have determined that the MAP-A is the appropriate assessment do not have to take the Grade-Level assessment.
- English Language Learners (ELL) who have been in the United States 12 cumulative months or fewer at the time of administration may be exempted from taking the Communication Arts portion. All other content areas must be assessed.
- Foreign exchange students are allowed, but are not required to take the assessment. This is a district decision.
- Homeschooled students may take part in the assessment at the local district's discretion.
- Private school students are not required to take the Grade-Level assessment.
- Administering the Grade-Level Assessment
- Guide To Interpreting Results
- Missouri Growth Model
- 2014 MAP Data Download supporting documentation
- 2015 MAP Data Download supporting documentation
- 2016 MAP Data Download supporting documentation
- MSIP 5 Comprehensive Guide to Missouri School Improvement Program ( 2014 | 2015)