News and Updates
- 2023-2024 Paid Lunch Equity Tool (only for use with Excel 2019 version or later)
Request for Applications: Healthy Meals Incentives Grants for Small and /or Rural School Food Authorities (SFA)
- SFA must participate in the National School Lunch Program and/or School Breakfast Program
- SFA must meet the following definitions of small and/or rural:
- Small SFA: SFA with an enrollment of less than or equal to 5,000 students.
- Rural SFA: The majority of students within the SFA are enrolled in a rural school as defined by a locality code of 41, 42, or 43, according to the National Center for Education Statistics online tool.
Transitional Meal Pattern - Effective July 1, 2022
Supply Chain Assistance for Schools
SCA Funds for SY22-23 Information
The USDA Food and Nutrition Service is making funding available for supply chain assistance. This funding is in response to the on-going challenges in purchasing and receiving food that districts are experiencing. Many districts are experiencing challenges in purchasing and receiving food through their normal distribution channels. To assist districts with supply chain disruptions, the Food and Nutrition Service office received two additional allocations of supply chain funding to provide Missouri districts. This funding will enhance efforts to strengthen local food supply chains, and help districts to overcome financial and operational barriers while maintaining children’s access to nutritious meals.
The FNS office will distribute funds to participating districts to help defray the costs of unanticipated cancellation of food contracts, reduced availability of foods, unexpected substitution of products, and unpredictable increases in food prices. The funds will support direct purchasing of domestically grown, unprocessed or minimally processed food products by districts.
- First, review the Updated Supply Chain Assistance (SCA) Frequently Asked Questions document
- Next, view the amount of SCA funds will my eligible LEA receive for these two additional allocations (round 2 and round 3). The amount of additional SCA funds are listed in the preliminary list on the Supply Chain Assistance LEA Lookup Tool
- To receive these funds, the LEA must agree and complete the required Supply Chain Assistance attestation statement survey that was sent to the Authorized Representative via email. Schools that complete the attestation statement survey due May 31, 2023, can expect to receive SCA funds in June 2023. This electronic payment will be deposited into the schools non-profit school food service account.
- LEAs SCA Attestation Statement Survey List Round 2 and 3 updated 9-21-23
- Allocation of Supply Chain Assistance Policy Memo Round 1
- Allocation of Supply Chain Assistance Policy Memo Round 2
- Allocation of Supply Chain Assistance Policy Memo Round 3
- Let's Talk Tuesday - Supply Chain Assistance webinar
- Let's Talk Tuesday - Supply Chain Assistance slides pdf
Disaster (COVID-19 information)