- Civil Rights Letter to LEAs
- Civil Rights Presentation
- Civil Rights Complaint Form
- Civil Rights Complaint Form (Spanish)
- USDA/Food and Nutrition Services (FNS) Civil Rights Instruction
- Meal Substitutions for Medical or Other Special Dietary Needs (FNS Instruction) - Revision Coming Soon
- Meaningful Access for Persons with Limited English Proficiency (LEP) in the School Meal Programs: Guidance and Q&As - SP-37-2016
- Medical Statement for Student Requiring Special Meals
- Guidance for Accommodating Children with Special Dietary Needs in School Nutrition Programs Handbook
- Milk Subsitution Rule
- Fluid Milk Substitutions in the School Nutrition Programs Q&A
- Guidance on Prohibition of Separation by Gender during Child Nutrition Program Meal Service - SP-31-2015
- Statements Supporting Accommodations for Children with Disabilities in the Child Nutrition Programs - SP-32-2015
- Equal Opportunity Public Notification Policy - Departmental Regulation (DR) 4300-003
- Nondiscrimination Statement - MPRO SP-01-2016
The below statement should be used on all materials that references Food and Nutrition Services.
In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights
regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions
participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race,
color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any
program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.
Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information
(e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency
(State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have
speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339.
Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.
To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination
Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at: http://www.ascr.usda.gov/complaint_filing_cust.html,
and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the
information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992.
Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:
(1) mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture
Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
1400 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;
(2) fax: (202) 690-7442; or
(3) email: [email protected].
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.
The above, full Nondiscrimination Statement must be included on all print and non-print materials
(including but not limited to audio, video, website, brochures, newsletters, by-laws, etc.).
If the size of the material is too small to include the full statement, the material will at a minimum,
include the following statement in the same size as the text:
"This institution is an equal opportunity provider.”